Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is good with graphics cards repair, Asus gtx580.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is good with graphics cards repair, Asus gtx580.

I have 2 Asus gtx580 for repair, I am a worse than a noob at this...

1: Has short on 12v line from power supply. melted solder on fets so in no hurry to fix this, dang that solder is hard to melt...

2: Not sure what is wrong with this, seems to me it had a broken fan so switched fans, has intermittent fan spin at power up and power down..
    not sure if it is seen by pc..but will boot into win10, will not run Furmark .
    SO any help with this would be appreciated..

Is there a boadrview/sch available?

Re: Who is good with graphics cards repair, Asus gtx580.

For number 2, is it shown in device administrator in windows?, did you try to install drivers? (first steps).

I assume the card is the only card on the system and the cable for the monitor is from that graphic card

For number 1, post some photo from the mosfets that look weird

Comment

Pics for number one:
      There were solder balls all over PQ102 and PQ103... I can't find a short and they measure good, well there is the short from 12v input, ..so not sure what is going on here.
      For number 2: should I download the windows drivers? Saying best drivers already installed, "Microsoft basic display adapter " .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cpufixer; 12-23-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

number 2: Installed drivers from AMD, now all is garbled/scrambled, pixelated. here some pics. Figure something is low on power.???
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, did you install radeon drivers?, does the image show something about them? or is just another thing? (i dont know how to explain me, jejeje, what I mean is that they are GTX, i hope you installed nvidia drivers)

Uninstall amd drivers and install nvidia drivers, if not working nicely, ill do a clean with alcohol and a brush, smoothly, of the card and try again. Next step would be running mats on that card. Merry Christmas to all

Comment

Looks like the OP thinks it means the same thing as RX 580!

GTX 580 is the GeForce gen before Kepler.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

What does OP means? just for knowledge, thanks

Comment

Re: Who is good with graphics cards repair, Asus rx580.

I went to Asus support for drivers..is that not correct?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cpufixer; 12-24-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpufixer View Post
                  You had the wrong title, it is an RX 580.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
                    What does OP means? just for knowledge, thanks
                    That stands for original poster (the thread starter)
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Yes, its a AMD RX580, so you got the correct drivers, try using mats mod (the amd version) in that card, artifacts uses to do with memory module faulty.

Looking in that black separators (the round ones made of plastic), it seems that that card was reflowed, Im I correct?

RJARRRPCGP, thanks for the explanation, im still learning english "shortwords"

Comment

Originally posted by cpufixer View Post
                        Are those photo form the card with artifacts? I can see it has 2 lines without the coil and another coil somekind of toasted, maybe that has something to do with the artifacts

Comment

no that is number 2: I removed the short, now it shows no activity, but pc will boot, before it would not.
                          so on 1: did gpu reflow, and no change, checked some voltage and getting 0.89 v on the 6 coils..
                          Last edited by cpufixer; 12-25-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

ok, so now try to find if a memory module is faulty with mats mod

Comment

does MATS work with AMD?

Comment

I dont know if for AMD its called MATS (I called it MATS for shortening) but I refer to the software of this thread

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84308

It has a AMD section, try

Comment

Foshland, I believe MODS and MATS only work with Nvidia GPU based cards. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
                                    I dont know if for AMD its called MATS (I called it MATS for shortening) but I refer to the software of this thread

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84308

It has a AMD section, try

Is I said, i dont know if its called MATS, but have used on a RX570 the software of that post, it comes with MATS and a similar for AMDs, just check that post

If someone know how the amd section is called, please post it

Comment

It's called t-server.

Comment

Working...
                                      X