Zotac 1070 ram fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zotac 1070 ram fault

I have a zotac 1070 that does not display, I ran mod-mats and it showed an error on bank c1 ram.

I removed the ram from c1 then ran mods again to make sure it was the correct ram

I then replaced the ram with a new chip but still no display and mods reports errors still

See photo of all 3 reports, can anyone help with this, I will reflow the chip again and I also have another chip just in case.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Zotac 1070 ram fault

Hi, there are generally three reasons for this test result, the most appreciated - ddr5 chip fault, connection error between ram chip and GPU, an finally the most unliked GPU fault. What I would do is change ram chip for a other one or desolder and solder again the same one (maybe some pad did not connect or is corroded), reflow or better desolder, reball and reseat the GPU, if that does not help replace the GPU. You can also try to check the connection between ram and GPU, but this is very time consuming. Pls also clean the flux thoroughly, some fluxes, even "no clean" , can make problems with ram chips as the signals are high impedance lines, easy to disturb by erroneous currents. Try to use another high quality flux, and not too much.

Comment

Thanks DynaxSC, I have reflowed the ram and got it to boot and runs Furmark without issue.

Got another issue now, HDMI output is not displaying but is giving an output to the screen causing it to blink on off, the first Display port is not giving an output at all.

Both bottom display ports work fine.

I think when this first happened I changed the bios so will go back to the original bios and see if it displays ok on the other 2 ports

Comment

All fully working now. Was the bios stopping the other ports from working.

Comment

Working...
        X