GTX 670 Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 670 Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

Quick question, I changed a vram module and managed to lose a 350ohm 0402 resistor. Don't have a direct replacement can a 330ohm be used or can it be left off?

Cheers
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-19-2022, 04:54 AM. Reason: GTX 670

Re: Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

Depends how crucial it is,don`t know without the make/model ,GDDR5 module part number to check info .
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-19-2022, 05:05 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Depends how crucial it is,don`t know without the make/model ,GDDR5 module part number to check ballout info .
      The VRAM is SKhynix H5GQ2H24AFR it is on a GTX 670.

Never thought to look up the module datasheet. I'll try and track one down.

Thanks.

Edit - Card is a Palit GTX 670 Jetstream.
      Last edited by manuforti1314; 03-19-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Re: GTX 670 Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

The only boardview i can find for a GTX670 is an Asus board. The layout around the memory looks identical to the Palit I have however the values of the resistors are different. The part I am missing is the one highlighted in Red on the boardview. On the Asus board it is 1.33k Ohm, the part on my board is 350ohm.

Still not sure how critical the 350 ohm resistor is in value. It connects VREFC1 on the module to GND.

Need to read more on what VREFC1 does.
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: GTX 670 Resistor Missing by GDDR5 Module

You can just try the 330 ohms, if it works them it's OK, but it's probably part of an reference voltage divider as the sigmal name suggests. So could need very exact values.

Comment

Working...
          X