X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte 1050TI 4GB No display volatges present

Hi All,

Gigabyte 1050TI 4GB, No display volatges present /GV-N105TOC-4D/

Hopefully someone can help me out as I got stuck with this board.

The fault:
    Once the card is in a mainboard (tried 3 different motherboard too and flashed 1 of them with all available bios versions to eliminate compatiblty issues).
    The fan spins all volatges there, monitor switches on with backlight only after the system being on approx 30-40 seconds and stays like that, if HDD connected you hear the hdd is booting with no issues, no beeps either from mobo and system can be shut down with alt+F4+enter too.

All volatges are present.
    12V ok
    5V ok
    1.8V ok
    1V ok
    here is the tricky bit, VRM initially there with 1.5V but after a few seconds (when potentially posts in the background) its switches to 1.36V same happens to the main core voltages towards GPU starts with 0.84V and drops to 0.78V.
    Everything seems normal after that, GPU gets warm to touch but not excessively, same for all other components. I could not manage to find any shorts so far or open resistors either.

Tried to reflash bios on board and reflowed GPU.

Does anyone have an idea or hint what it could be or which way I should look for?

Re: Gigabyte 1050TI 4GB No display volatges present

You need to run MATS on that card (black screen that the backlight comes on after 30 - 40 secs) indicates either RAM issue or possible BIOS chip.

If you can boot off integrated graphics then you can see what's being reported by the software https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=mats

Software is here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...DhvP2L3kxJxa6k
    Last edited by benwaterson; 03-19-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

thanks for the reply but some reason unable to download the 3rd file it says download quota exceeded.

Comment

There is a torrent version here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=37

Comment

VGpu 0.9-1.1v
          Vram 1.5-1.58~1.6
          If Vram have 1.75 maybe 1 of them have short!
          PC work for schemaltic:
          Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
          CPU: I3-3240
          Ram: 16Gb
          Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
          SSD: 120Gb
          HDD: 2Tb

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
            Hi eventually managed to download the software to check memories and one of them gives errors. Ordered some stencils to reball the module hopefully that will fix it. But it comes from China so got to wait a bit . Tried to reflow as obviously could not wait but nothing changed.

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
              Thanks again.

Took the IC off and found 2 ripped off pads on the memory, so had to replace the component. The board works again. Happy days.

Comment

Working...
              X