Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing pad on 1080 Ti looks to be non connected...fine to leave it as is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing pad on 1080 Ti looks to be non connected...fine to leave it as is?

Hello! I'm replacing a RAM chip on my 1080 ti and may have taken the old one off too soon, as one pad seems to be missing.

According to the Micron datasheet, it seems to be TDO (JTAG Test Data Out). On the PCB I don't see any connections (i.e. tracks) connected to that pad. Am I right in thinking I can leave it as it is when I put a new chip? (I might have to strategically remove the TDO solder ball on the chip so it doesn't try to flow anywhere else)

Thank you

Re: Missing pad on 1080 Ti looks to be non connected...fine to leave it as is?

Had once same case, I checked at that time with a schematics and as far as I remember JTAG interface is 99% not used, I would not care about this pad. Unconnected pads tend to get off the PCB as they are not so strongly glued to the PCB due to the small pad area.

Comment

Re: Missing pad on 1080 Ti looks to be non connected...fine to leave it as is?

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't find many sources online about whether the JTAG pads were used, so it makes sense that it'd not be connected. Luckily it looks like that's the only missing pad, so I might be able to restore this card to a fully functioning state

Comment

Working...
      X