Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFX RX 580 Not recognized

Hello everyone,

I bios modded one of my xfx rx 580 and then it never worked again. I realize that I flashed wrong bios ( my memories are hynix but I flashed micron bios). Card never booted. It has 2 bioses and switching bios also did not work. I used ch341a programmer to flash original bios it did not work too. Now when I plug the card blue led is on ( near the 8pin 12v connector ) but card not recognized of the system. I made lots of research and tried everything still no luck. Then I found cad file of another card some components are same. Then I started to diagnose. And I found something, on U300 component there should be 1.8v but my card has 3.3v. Also no voltage on display rail ( PC919 sorry if I'm wrong ). In the cad file there is a component that generates 1.8v but I couldn't find it on my board.

My question is
    Can ch341a programmer harm the board?

Any suggestions to find the problem?

I'm not an expert but I'm fixing things as a hobby. But never fixed anything complicated like this.
    Attached Files

Re: XFX RX 580 Not recognized

I took your photo, 1.8V is on the pin with orange line.

Could you do me a favor and measure the resistance (not powered on) over the resistor next to the 5V LDO (red arrow) ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Measured between 1.8V and 5V LDO 0.467KOhm
      Thanks for help and sorry for late reply

Comment

Originally posted by doganigooo View Post
        Measured between 1.8V and 5V LDO 0.467KOhm
        Thanks for help and sorry for late reply
        Hi, I meant just the resistance over the resistor next to the LDO.
        Reason I'm asking: my LDO only outputs about 4V and I suspect that is the reason why memory and GPU power don't come up. Since that resistor is between the LDO's output and ground, I suspect it being faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by didi79 View Post
          Hi, I meant just the resistance over the resistor next to the LDO.
          Reason I'm asking: my LDO only outputs about 4V and I suspect that is the reason why memory and GPU power don't come up. Since that resistor is between the LDO's output and ground, I suspect it being faulty.
          0.184kOhm

what is your 1.8v and ground resistance?

Comment

It raises quickly, but then settles on 2.5 kOhm after about 2 sec

Comment

Would you mind giving me a measurement for the resistor right next to pin 1 of the LDO (perpendicular to the other one)

LDO datasheet https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...M1117-ADJ.html

The first resistor and this one form the voltage regulator for the adjustment of the LDO.

The first is 183 Ohm, so that's the same as your measurement. The other measures 467 Ohm here. With these values I can't get 5V (calculated using https://eepower.com/tools/linear-regulator-calculator/)

Comment

I was wrong, made a thinking error, seems the calculation is correct. So I suspect my LDO is faulty...

Comment

Originally posted by doganigooo View Post
                  Can ch341a programmer harm the board?
                  Make sure your programmer uses the correct voltage for the BIOS chip (search for "ch341a voltage mod"), then you should be fine.
                  Making a good connection to the chip with the clamp is somewhat finicky. But a wrong connection should not harm the chip.

Did you find 1.8V, as in when powered ? If you don't have 1.8V, all the rest will never power up.
                  If you have it, you can trace it to all the other circuits that use is to see wether it makes it there.

Comment

Can I know what's the name of chip that has a label of PC919. I recently lose that chip from my rx580 his iceq x2 oc and I need to buy one online so I can solder it.

Comment

Working...
                    X