EVGA 1660 XC out of warranty, blown chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVGA 1660 XC out of warranty, blown chip

Have an Evga 1660 XC that's got a bad chip blown (ebay seller says onky boots in safe mode), I've had some help pinpointing the chip as EMF20B02V Field effect transistor, its pretty fried:

Here's how it looks desoldered:

Looking for some advice on repair, the area where its blown makes it difficult to trace the copper conductive tracks, I'm unsure if it was one large rectangular pad or if the area is mirrored the same as its opposite side with 2 separate contacts, its hard to tell without anything to reference to.
    Any help and advice is appreciated, I have a multimeter, smd rework station, micro tweezers, trace repair wire, green uv active pcb paint, replacement part should be on the way soon.

Re: EVGA 1660 XC out of warranty, blown chip

clean it up first . Isopropyl alcohol should do it

Comment

Re: EVGA 1660 XC out of warranty, blown chip

Does anyone have a Evga 1660 XC (i think the TI may have similar chip, also some Palit cards have this chip too, its right next to a pair of 6 pin ic chips in parallel)that they could measure continuities and resistances for me off this chip from a grounding point to each pin.
      The main ones I'm interested in are the ones between where mine has blown, I think they go to the capacitor adjacent but I'm unsure if the pair are bridged or have their own routing per pin, many thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X