Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTX 2060 no display, full fan speed, detected as secondary gpu

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help with this one. I have an RTX 2060 dell OEM card that has no display, instantly goes to full fan speed and my motherboard beeps twice when it tries to start up but the pc never boots.
    I have all voltages on the card 12, 5, 1.8, 1.3 on memory, 0.8 on core and all the main rail resistances seem fine. I have checked the pex reset and that is ok so I'm at a bit of a loss on what to check next.
    I tried to run mats/ mods but I am unsure if it completed as the report file looked the same as the last 2070 I did.
    I have put it in my main pc and it is identified as a 2060 in device manager and gpu z but no programs pick it up at all. the fan speed is reported as 0% even though it is definitely 100% fan speed. MSI afterburner didn't recognise it either.
    Any ideas on where I should head next?

Re: RTX 2060 no display, full fan speed, detected as secondary gpu

Is the card fully detected in GPU-Z? Meaning every field makes sense, like the BIOS version, the memory type and size etc.?
    I have a 1080 with presumably bad solder joints and this shows in a black screen and some weird of missing info in GPU-Z. That's because the VBIOS is not read by the GPU during POST and so it can't report correctly to the OS.

Comment

It certainly seems that way. I've never checked a bios before. What would be the best way?
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like these is some data from a 3090 (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...model=RTX+3090) present. Either you have a 3090 in your system and the data "spill over" in GPU-Z, or you have a wrong VBIOS flashed on your 2060, which would be a very easy fix.

Comment

i did notice that it had 24000mb of v ram but didnt notice that the bios version coincides with a 3090 that is interesting. i might try and find a vbios for it but tech power up doesnt appear to have one. Maybe just try a few different bios' until one works?

Comment

after a bit more of a think about it and a double check half of the values dont cross over in gpuz. it is reading my 3090 gigabyte card which is the main card in my pc... should have seen that coming, so back to square 1. i did find a dell vbios for the card but i am unsure if i should do the bios flash without some other tests first. I tried it in my HiveOS mining rig and it comes up as a TU106 card but thats about it

Comment

Hmm. This could suggest that the card is not reading the VBIOS during POST at all. Had a similar problem but I guess when a GPU doesn't read the flash chip, it could be due to a lot of different reasons. Not sure how to proceed from here.

Comment

Working...
              X