K8n Neo4 Platinum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K8n Neo4 Platinum

I had this system doing s3 sleep mode its been that way for months now.... I only use it once and a while to pull files off it mostly... anyway one day I went and found that it wouldn't wake so I reset the computer and it went ok but then same idea again wouldn't wake.... so same idea I reset it.... 3rd time it did this it wouldn't post no longer... anyway the result is that I opened my OCZ 520 and discovered that there was a bad cap inside... anyway about the psu I'm gonna try and recap the crap out of it... as for the mobo+cpu, is there anything I can do to revive those? i tried a alternative psu and all it does is the power led blinks off and on off and on

Re: K8n Neo4 Platinum

The caps in the OCZ-520 with vents are as listed....

2x Asia X 4700uF 10v TMX EC105c 0509
    1x Fuhjyyu 2200uF 16v TMR 105c(m)
    1x Asia X 3300uF 16v TMX EC105c 0509
    2x Asia X 2200uF 10v TMX EC105c 0509
    2x Asia X 470uF 16v TNX EC105c 0509
    2x Teapo 1000uF 16v SEK105c 11/05 A3

2 bigger caps don't have vent but are Teapo 1200uF 200v

sidenote: my guess is that Asia X is Fuhjyyu as the model name is similar:p but not sure

Comment

I Recapped the OCZ 520 and its back in business... but the K8n neo4 platinum... it does nothing still.... zero.... it before would start spinning the fans a tiny bit but never post after the time that it stopped posting..... last I tried it did nothing though... not even spinning of the fans...

replaced all the caps in the ocz with Panasonic FM series caps... except those that didn't have vents, those are all still the same

Comment

GOOD NEWS!!!! it started working again.... dunno how or what the heck but its working again....

Comment

Clear the cmos, just to aviod bad settings preventig bootstrap.
          Check your solderings and inspect for broken/damaged components: if everything seems ok, then boot and test the board for long with memtest86+ and MersennePrime or similar ones.
          If is still reliable, then congrats for your recap.

Zandrax
          Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
          X