Soltek SL-75MRN-L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soltek SL-75MRN-L

I wasn't aware of the "BadCaps" nightmare until I bought some new ram. I'm glad I found this great site and forum.

Just added 2 GB of OCZ cas2 PC 3200 ram last week and noticed some bulging at the top of the caps around the dimms and the CPU socket when I opened up the case. These are the tall cans around .75 in tall. couldn't read the make or capacitance with all the stuff in the way.

Have had this board for 5 years and it is super solid. OC'd AMD XP 2500+ Barton to 2800+ 5 years ago with zero problems. Runs at around 47 degrees C.

I really want to salvage this board if possible as the CPU and memory are absolutely great for my purposes. I am not a gamer and use this box for browsing, email and lots of word processing. Just ordered a new power supply (Enermax 500W modular on NewEgg). I figure this will eliminate any forthcoming PSU problems once I recap.

The current supply is a Chieftec 430 W and came with the Chieftec tower (looks like an Antec case) back in 2003.

I'd like Topcat to recap this board. Is he still doing this work? If not, can you recommend someone who can? I have emailed him through the repair form and also to his admin address, but don't seem to be getting through to him.
    Last edited by barryc; 04-30-2008, 09:50 PM.

Re: Soltek SL-75MRN-L

Welcome barryc
    What model is your motherboard? Can you read capacitors brands and models?
    Wait a couple of days for Topcat's reply: he may be busy.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

zandrax

Motherboard model is listed in title of post.
      Got email back from Topcat this afternoon.
      I am sending board to him for recap with Rubycom caps.
      Typing this on my lappy as I don't want to unnecessarily fry
      my desktop.

Just anxious to have it operated on and back in action.
      Too solid a board to just trash.

Comment

Sorry, I did realize it
        Glad to read Topcat is going to repair your board.

Zandrax
        Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
        X