eMachines T3065 (FIC AU31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eMachines T3065 (FIC AU31)

I recently recapped an AU31 and did a poor job.
    Honestly I was surprised the board POSTED when I turned it on.
    My brother has been complaining since then that the computer has been running slowly. Today I noticed that the BIOS is picked the Athlon XP on it at 1300mhz when it should be more like 2100mhz.

Could this be because of my shitty soldering job or does the problem likely lie elsewhere?

Thanks much.

-gonffen

Re: eMachines T3065 (FIC AU31)

Hi gonffen

I had similar problem few days ago, after recap tha MOBO, the PC was working very slowly and the CPU was always at 100%.

I follow the suggestion (by robofind and gdement) to clear CMOS because even if the BIOS appears correct, some settings can be wrong; after clearing and loading fail safe setup in the bios, the PC started to work correctly.

Hope this help you
    Gianni
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I already tried clearing the CMOS(both pin + battery methods).
      It's the BIOS that's seeing the processor wrong.

I've been wondering if it would be worth trying to flash the board with a less stripped BIOS...

-gonffen

Comment

I just got finished flashing the BIOS with a modded TCB420J binary I found.
        After reboot the board didn't seem to POST. I attempted to clear the CMOS a few times and then it booted right up. I was then able to set the bus speeds and the BIOS then saw the cpu as an Athlon XP 3000+ like it should.

Thanks again.

-gonffen

Comment

Working...
        X