Gainward GForce 4 TI-4200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gainward GForce 4 TI-4200

I was browsing your website on a mobo problem and this bad cap issue made me think of the fried vid card. Grabbed it out of the dead parts bin and low and behold, 3 bad caps! They're 1000uf, 10 volt with a YEC in a diamond logo..dark blue with grey lettering and stripes. Following your instructions from the website, I soldered in 3 caps from radio shack 1000 uf, 35 volt. It works!! It's been running perfectly for 6 hours straight so far Thanks for all the info on this issue as a $3 repair saved me $200

I guess I should have mentioned video cards with bad caps on the site somewhere, this isn't the first I've heard of this... I have 3 Chaintech GeForce II's on the junk shelf with bad caps. The bad caps were branded \"D.S\", which I've never heard of. I repaired one to see if that would fix it (pictured below), and it did, but a GeForce II is essencially worthless today so I didn't repair the other two. A GeForce 4 on the other hand is still a pricey card, well worth putting $3.00 worth of caps in...

<--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

seen a few cheapo cards in machines that has suspect cheapie low esr caps in them but havnt seen failures till now.
      btw yec had lots of crummy caps long before your video card.
      i remember uniden satelite recievers that you had to change all yec brand caps to get it to work right!

Comment

Working...
      X