help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

Hi ! , I hope you are well I need help with the following motherboard ba41-01649a is a samsung rv415 I attach the schematic, the problem is that no usb port works, check voltages, enable, the IC TPS2062ADRBR works well but apparently the data signals do not work since I have mouse light but not working,

Please help me to fix this problem, I read ideas
    Attached Files

Re: help with samsung rv415 ba41-01649a

According to the shared schematic, the USB connector has NO ESD protection devices; NO EMI filter and the data lines enter the USB controller (U516) directly.

It should not come as a surprise that a simple ESD transient can nuke the USB host. Unbelievable that Samsung can put out such a design for the public. ESD protection devices are 3-5 cents (USD) in low volumes.

There a bunch of USB based products on this logic board - see page 16/54 - U516 HUDSON - right side - such as USB camera; card reader, etc. - do they work in this computer?

Check the Vbus voltage on each USB connector to confirm they are close to +5v.

Check the voltage rails on each coil on the logic board - perhaps some other issue is causing this fault.

Otherwise, could be a damaged USB controller (U516).
    Attached Files

Comment

It could be bios issue as well. Yesterday i had a samsung LA-8861P with no usb port working and was fixed by bios flash. Mine was AMD though.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        It could be bios issue as well. Yesterday i had a samsung LA-8861P with no usb port working and was fixed by bios flash. Mine was AMD though.
        yesterday I did a bios flash but nothing happened, it's still the same

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          According to the shared schematic, the USB connector has NO ESD protection devices; NO EMI filter and the data lines enter the USB controller (U516) directly.

It should not come as a surprise that a simple ESD transient can nuke the USB host. Unbelievable that Samsung can put out such a design for the public. ESD protection devices are 3-5 cents (USD) in low volumes.

There a bunch of USB based products on this logic board - see page 16/54 - U516 HUDSON - right side - such as USB camera; card reader, etc. - do they work in this computer?

Check the Vbus voltage on each USB connector to confirm they are close to +5v.

Check the voltage rails on each coil on the logic board - perhaps some other issue is causing this fault.

Otherwise, could be a damaged USB controller (U516).
          I'm going to review and let you know

Comment

I update the info, the webcam does not work, I do not have how to test the SD reader I assume that it does not work either, the voltages in the coils are ok, vbus voltages in the usb port vbus 5v stable I assume that the PCH is with problems
            attached image of task manager
            Attached Files

Comment

Web cam is connected to the same USB port. If USB doesn't work, likely it is PCH.. replacement is required.

Did you try BIOS dumb with clean ME?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_avia View Post
                Web cam is connected to the same USB port. If USB doesn't work, likely it is PCH.. replacement is required.

Did you try BIOS dumb with clean ME?
                Thanks for your answer, I have not tried with a clear ME, I will try but if it is the pch I don't have much to do

Comment

Working...
                X