Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X390 Yoga nuvoton

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I already apologize for my english! I spent some time trying to find a solution to unblock a lenovo thinkpad x390 Yoga, which probably has, according to a diagram I found online, a NPCE388 Embedded Controller. I don't know much about laptop hardware but whith your help I could maybe manage to do it! In an other thread AAAC wrote:

"Or if you have an EC/KBC programmer you can READ, ERASE and PROGRAM EC/KBC, disconnect all source of energy for 1-2 minutes, then reconnect and use Lenovo Maintenance Utilities (UEFI version) to enter Model Number, Serial Number and other data.
    As far as I know ThinkPad X390 has NUVOTON embedded controller, so you may be able to program it using keyboard connector on motherboard." (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=87588&page=26)

So here are the steps I think I should follow, tell me if that is correct.

-disconnect the battery and the CMOS battery
    -connect the embeded controller to a programmer via the FPC keyboard connector
    -read and dump the EC, save it in case something goes wrong to come backe to the previous BIOS.
    -erase everything on the EC
    -write the EC with a new bios with the "bios update utility" (is it a .bin file?) from lenovo x390 Yoga (https://www.lenovodrivers.download/l...-yoga-drivers/)
    -boot with Lenovo Maintenance Utilities (UEFI version) to enter Model Number, Serial Number, etc. (where can I download this bootable image and where to find the serial number when the label is unreadable on the back of the laptop?)

In the manual of the laptop, it's written that if the password is lost, we should replace the motherboard... so do you know if this method is working? Do someone have any experience with unlocking an thinkpad x390 Yoga? I think that your answers could also be helpful for other people facing the same problem on this forum.

Thank you very much for your help!

PS: the thinkpad x390 and x390 YOGA are not the same, for example they don't have the same embedded controller.

Here are the links to the diagram of the thinkpad x390 Yoga.

and also this link for a more detailed diagram of the different parts https://www.scribd.com/embeds/505887...ntRav5tlToCCWR

X390 Yoga nuvoton

no solution for Lenovo X390 Yoga ?
    nuvoton chip

Comment

Re: X390 Yoga nuvoton

I'm interested as well

Comment

I found a complete detailed shematics of the laptop.

I also post the Lenovo maintenance utility (bootable) file.

I notice that in an other thread some people managed to unlock a lenovo thinkpad t490, which is also a 9th generation lenovo laptop (although it has an MEC1663 EC and not an NPCE388 like the x390 yoga) , see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1048073

Hope that someone with more knowledge can help!

Thank you!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-13-2021, 06:36 AM.

Comment

The detailed schematics that has been mentioned on the previous post can be found here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96612

(my last post was edited because there is a specific "Schematic Requests ONLY!" section to post schematics)

Comment

this one one P1
            Attached Files

Comment

any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
                this one one P1

to read it need jtag ...

Comment

for x390 yoga nuvoton how to read
                  nuvoton NPCE388PB0BX

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
                    for x390 yoga nuvoton how to read
                    nuvoton NPCE388PB0BX
                    Use Vertyanov (ideally Original not clones) software 8.2.x on forum not 7.x as this has limitation for 128kB files... 8.2 test version reads bigger dumps (256kB)...
                    Settings for Nuvoton

LBB-1 KB_pins=32 LEFT DOWN 05MM FLASH=256 JENK=13 TCK=7 TMS=18 TDI=22 TDO=4 (tested kinoxa)

Comment

use svod3 programmer . dont need to disassemble the laptop just use the keyboard connector to read the EC firmware . then program with new fresh firmware you find it in the bios update from lenovo website. the laptops with npce microcontroller ar very easy to unlock with svod

Comment

Originally posted by TopMan007 View Post
                        Use Vertyanov (ideally Original not clones) software 8.2.x on forum not 7.x as this has limitation for 128kB files... 8.2 test version reads bigger dumps (256kB)...
                        Settings for Nuvoton

LBB-1 KB_pins=32 LEFT DOWN 05MM FLASH=256 JENK=13 TCK=7 TMS=18 TDI=22 TDO=4 (tested kinoxa)
                        thinks for this
                        unlock good x390 youga

Comment

Originally posted by electronica View Post
                          use svod3 programmer . dont need to disassemble the laptop just use the keyboard connector to read the EC firmware . then program with new fresh firmware you find it in the bios update from lenovo website. the laptops with npce microcontroller ar very easy to unlock with svod
                          But how to read?

Comment

Pinout for LBB-2 motherboard X13 Yoga gen 1 ? from LBB-1 not working. in both schematic show will be same.
                            Last edited by keczuk; 02-10-2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

What type of hardware can I use to read from EC chip using keyboard connector?

Comment

Originally posted by dav_br View Post
                                What type of hardware can I use to read from EC chip using keyboard connector?
                                it depends on what programmer you have ... the software comes on CD, once you receive the programmer ... what programmer do you have ???
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Well, with my vertyanov 4.0 36 pin kb connector, i had to use
                                  LBB-X KB_pins=32 LEFT DOWN 05MM FLASH=256 JENK=20 TCK=26 TMS=15 TDI=11 TDO=29

Comment

i need yoga x390 novaton ec 256kb file

Comment

Working...
                                    X