Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-AX370-Gaming 5 BIOS chip MX25U12873F doesn't erase properly

Hello

I can't properly erase BIOS chip MX25U12873F.
    I can read it and write it, but before correct write, it have to been erased, but when I click erase program shows success, but when I try do blank verification I have message "chip disconnected".

I use CH341A programmer with 1.8V adapter and clips.
    When I try read or write it takes 3~5 minutes and "run" LED on programmer is blinking. When I try erase, it takes up to 15 seconds, but "run" LED isn't blinking and after that, chip isn't erased correctly.

I also tried to unprotect that chip but software show's it's already unprotected. I tried solutions from that website https://khandishnetwork.com/2021/01/...rror-solution/

My motherboard is GA-AX370-Gaming 5. That motherboard have dual BIOS, but both are corrupted.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-01-2022, 06:59 AM. Reason: GA-AX370-Gaming 5

Re: BIOS chip MX25U12873F doesn't erase properly

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=10
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=21
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: GA-AX370-Gaming 5 BIOS chip MX25U12873F doesn't erase properly

I checked with multimeter the connection before I posted here and all pins have connection.
      I also tried a lot of version of NeoProgrammer and AsProgrammer including these in the second link.
      I will check Colibri and tell if it works.

Comment

Nope, Colibri doesn't help.
        I will try to desolder the chip, because I noticed something, every time when I read data from chip I had different checksum.
        It may took some time, because delivery of something i need to desolder the chip, may took up to two months.

Comment

Originally posted by Haganai.NMWP View Post
          Nope, Colibri doesn't help.
          I will try to desolder the chip, because I noticed something, every time when I read data from chip I had different checksum.
          It may took some time, because delivery of something i need to desolder the chip, may took up to two months.
          If you have a powered USB hub try that .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I desoldered chip and use socket SOP8 200~209 mil.
            Now I can properly erase and write that chip.
            Topic solved.

Comment

Working...
            X