X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Try, I think it should be passwordfree with this patch:
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      Try, I think it should be passwordfree with this patch:
      Vesko365,

Thank you for your help and sorry to be a pain in the butt.
      Unfortunately with this version, I am also getting the (5) flashing of the caps lock and Scroll(num lk) keys, then fan runs at full speed after about 20 seconds. I power cycled multiple times without any changes.

No issues with the soldering, and the codes matched to yours after the write as well.
      Thank you again for all your time

Comment

Don't worry , I have a few more aces up my sleeve.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          try..
          Peste,

Sorry I've missed your post earlier.
          After burning your new code I am also getting the (5) flashing cap lock and Scroll(num lk) keys followed by the high speed CPU fan, and screen is blank as well. Please let me know what else I can try. Really really appreciated for all your help.

Comment

Don't worry , I have a few more aces up my sleeve.
            Vesco356,

I am also getting the same (5) flashes and blank display with this version.
            Could I ask to try it again I am getting very good at programing and soldering with this. LOL
            Thank you very much

Comment

Sure, here it is - the last ace for today.
              This 1040 turns out to be a tough fighter.
              Just make sure about the content of the chip, use verification after programming, I know you do, but let me say it one more time, just in case. Because something strange is going on here, my initial file should work, I'm almost sure about that, secondly HPUnlocker must do the job too (for sure with 1041 G1), but you said both don't, and exactly that is strange and inexplicably for me.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Vesko356; 07-19-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Sure, here it is - the last ace for today.
                This 1040 turns out to be a tough fighter.
                Just make sure about the content of the chip, use verification after programming, I know you do, but let me say it one more time, just in case.
                Vesco356,

Thank you for keep trying, but I am getting the same result as before, flashing caps lock and Scroll keys and no display. Please let me know if you want me to try it again. Thank you again

Comment

There is no need for new patches I think, If you are sure about the chip content. Remove the main and rtc battery and try autostart with charger only.

Comment

There is no need for new patches I think, If you are sure about the chip content. Remove the main and rtc battery and try autostart with charger only.
                    Vesco356,

I have verified the code to be identical to your 3rd revision, and removing rtc and battery connectors didn't help either. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                      same as above
                      it still has password

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle2021 View Post
                        Hi, I have attached a zip file containing the original locked main(25Q128) and secondary(25Q16) BIOS files from the 1040 G2. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you so much for your help
                        post the full name and model of the laptop and the motherboard model.
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                          it still has password
                          retry ,sorry file before has not been modified
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-20-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

post the full name and model of the laptop and the motherboard model.
                            Peste,

Please see system information you have requested from the BIOS before any pathing attempts, I didn't find a white sticker as indicated by other members.
                            Thank you again. Best regards

Product Name: HP EliteBook Folio1040 G1
                            SKU Number: G7A91UC#ABA
                            System Board ID: 213E
                            System Board CT: PEADT3ANN7W0E1

Comment

Peste,

Please see system information you have requested from the BIOS before any pathing attempts, I didn't find a white sticker as indicated by other members.
                              Thank you again. Best regards

Product Name: HP EliteBook Folio1040 G1
                              SKU Number: G7A91UC#ABA
                              System Board ID: 213E
                              System Board CT: PEADT3ANN7W0E1
                              try..
                              Attached Files
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

retry ,sorry file before has not been modified
                                thank you for helping ,but still not working .
                                it has admin password and no boot option is allowed.

Comment

try..
                                  Peste,

I am not quite sure what's the issue now, but I am getting flashing white/orange LED by the power connector. I am hoping I didn't damage any of the traces. I will try and reprogram the original image and see if that helps.

In the meantime, thank you all(Peste, Vesco356, Maxpower3) for all your diligent assistance. Take care

Comment

Peste,

I am not quite sure what's the issue now, but I am getting flashing white/orange LED by the power connector. I am hoping I didn't damage any of the traces. I will try and reprogram the original image and see if that helps.

In the meantime, thank you all(Peste, Vesco356, Maxpower3) for all your diligent assistance. Take care
                                    . Because something strange is going on here, my initial file should work, I'm almost sure about that.
                                    As Vesko356 tells you

i dont understand with the little modification made to the files , why blank screen or leds blink ?? Very Strange

it should have worked !!

the restart can be long and do several cycles before backlight come
                                    Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-20-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                                      thank you for helping ,but still not working .
                                      it has admin password and no boot option is allowed.
                                      just password or a page with users?

try
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-20-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

As Vesko356 tells you

i dont understand with the little modification made to the files , why blank screen or leds blink ?? Very Strange

it should have worked !!

the restart can be long and do several cycles before backlight come
                                        Totally agreed Maxpower3, I have restored the original code and it booted up fine. I might give it another shot when I gather enough courage. Thank you again all.

Comment

just password or a page with users?

try
                                          no username , but still has password
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X