This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, my name is Christian. I've picked up a couple TVs from the trash over the past year.

One was a Sharp Roku TV that was freezing up when it tried to connect to WiFi. I opened it up and unhooked the WiFi board and it has worked fine w/out the builtin Roku features since.

The latest one is a 60" LG 60PA6500. It's got me pretty baffled - works fine for a while, then won't turn on for a day or two. I see others have posted similar stuff and I'm going to post more in a different thread to see if anyone can help me troubleshoot.

Comment

Hi all! New on here. I've always been interested in building PCs and fixing things myself.

Comment

Hello to all the guys and the girls!

Comment

Hi to everybody.

I found this forum, looking for info to repair a sharp tv, and i hope can learn a lot .

Thanks in advance to everybody.

Comment

Hi everybody,

Looking forward to find a way to repair a broken TV.
            Pretty sure, somebody in this forum can direct me to find a solution.
            Thanks

Regards
            Alex

Comment

Hi,
              I am a self-taught repair master haha. Recently discovered the bios reprogramming tool and it already saved so many laptops I am trying to fix.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jacob, based in New Zealand.

Diy and self repair guy trying to broaden my horizons.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I haven't done anything like this since the early 90s. I'm an avid gamer and firm believer in the right to repair, repairing things myself, and learning something new. Necessity is the mother of invention and growth. I now have the necessity and opportunity to learn and try and fix one of my GPUs.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone out there.

Thank you,

A_LARGE_BEAVER

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I'm Neil, based in Wales, UK.
                    I found this forum looking for information on how to repair a failed TV. I always believe in repair over throwing equipment out - with most things it's a pretty simple fault which stops it working.
                    I am an electronics / firmware engineer and have worked in a lot of industries including computer peripherals, security systems, CCTV, access control, scientific instruments and currently tools for the oils and gas industry. Been building and fixing computers since before having one at home was a thing!
                    Thanks for inviting me.

Comment

Hi all! New on here. I've always been interested in building PCs and fixing things myself.

Comment

Hi there, used to be on here years ago and found it very good. Returning now to look for a schematic for a power board!

Comment

hi everyone

Comment

Hi guys, I'm just a noob wit a big passion for electronics

Comment

Originally posted by nicklove33 View Post
                              Hi,
                              I am a self-taught repair master haha. Recently discovered the bios reprogramming tool and it already saved so many laptops I am trying to fix.
                              Sounds good. What's the name of the bios reprogramming tool?

Comment

Hi guys
                                I am ready to work and cooperate

Comment

hello from czech republic!

Comment

Hi,
                                    I’ve just joined the forum from Harrogate, UK, as I have recently bought a 2nd hand Panasonic plasma TV, and the screen has gone ‘red’ today after a couple of hours of use (it was used yesterday for longer with no issues). Here’s hoping the solution identified in the forum will work, but at least the TV was only £30.

Comment

Hi Everybody!

I have just joined the forum from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I've been working as a IT manager for the last 20 years and recently started using my free time to study electronics. I've reached this forum when I as looking for a board schematic, which unfortunately I was not able to find yet. Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, so thank you very much for this opportunity!
                                      Carlos RJ-BR

Comment

Hello!

So let me introduce myself ... I am from Slovenia and I repair computers and mobile phones! I have some experience with repairs as I have been repairing consumer electronics for 20 years!

Thank you in advance for all the answers and solutions!

lp dejan-smartfix

Comment

New member here from the midwest of the USA. I have two pretty cool old devises I'm hoping to restore. I'll make a thread ASAP. Please help me there if you can!

Comment

Working...
                                          X