Toshiba 46RV535U 46" LCD Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46RV535U 46" LCD Issue

Hello all, I have this Toshiba LCD giving me some troubles. Initially, upon pressing the power button it would refuse to turn on and instead blinked its little yellow light at me 3 times in succession. The service manual refers to this as "Seine Booting" where Seine seems to be the name of the main custom processor on the mainboard. Apparently this blink code means it is unable to boot for some reason.

I found a used replacement mainboard which was pulled from a working TV with a dead panel, or so they say, and with the new board the TV powers up, the backlight comes on, and these vertical stripes shown below slowly fade in for about 5 seconds before the set turns itself off. Then the yellow and green lights blink alternatively.

The service manual does not seem to reference an alternate yellow and green blink. Another thing, the service manual is trapped in Toshiba's crazy outdated "Zeus" service manual software so I'm running Windows XP in a virtual machine to view it properly. I can pull pages and diagrams if anyone needs them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by itachi; 05-25-2021, 09:01 PM.

Re: Toshiba 46RV535U 46" LCD Issue

So I went around the power board checking the "Protect" signals to see if something was triggering a shutdown, but it just seems to be coming from the mainboard itself. All voltages on the power supply boards test good.

I replaced the T-Con but it didn't change anything at all....is it possible this is a bad panel? For the most part I'm unsure how LCDs fail without physical damage and if the photo I attached could indicate such a failure.

Comment

It does look like COF failure except that it's across the entire screen making that unlikely. If all your tcon cables are well seated I'd say you got a bad board. To test this use a hair dryer to heat up the main processor for 30 seconds and turn on the power again to see if symptoms change as it could be bad solder joints under that processor.

Comment

Actually before you do that put your hand on that board when you boot it up to see if anything gets super hot real fast.

Comment

Inspect long boards attached to LCD, I've seen water damage causing this.
          Then try to connect only one of the ribbon cables at the time.
          Also you can try scotch tape method, sometimes it helps.

Comment

Working...
          X