latitude 3510 service tag manufacturing mode on 10th gen Dell bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latitude 3510 service tag manufacturing mode on 10th gen Dell bios

Hello everyone, on the new dell bios interface when the manufacturer mode is activated and I will enter the service tag in the field provided for this purpose and save everything, the bios does not save the new service tag ... does it have one more manipulation that i don't know to apply the service tag ??

I'm stuck still entering the tag service, save and quit and still restarting no service tag registered ... the problem occurred on a latitude 3510

thank for your help !
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-11-2021, 01:01 PM.

Re: service tag manufacturing mode on 10th gen Dell bios

Go to the dell support site,enter the service tag and see if it recognises it - https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...roducts&lwp=rt
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

the service tag exists on the dell site, the is not the problem

I removed the bios password using the bios dump from a working machine by replacing the ME region with the original dump from the machine that had the bios password. The password is no longer there but I am unable to program the tag service...

Comment

Originally posted by alext28 View Post

I removed the bios password using the bios dump from a working machine by replacing the ME region with the original dump from the machine that had the bios password. The password is no longer there but I am unable to program the tag service...
        If you still have the original bios post it here. I`ll move this thread to the bios requests section.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

ok i will post it tomorrow

I want to learn how to program the tag service, not just give me the bump already ready

Comment

I posted the original and the one without service tag
            Attached Files

Comment

I posted the original and the one without service tag
              There`s a second chip 16MB ,post that one as well

Comment

here is
                Attached Files
                Last edited by alext28; 06-11-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

here is
                  post the original 8mb bios the one before you replaced the ME region

Comment

here is
                    Attached Files

Comment

here is
                      its identical to the first one you posted

Comment

here is sorry
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by alext28; 06-11-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

here is sorry
                          try these .
                          Attached Files

Comment

with the 2 dump the laptop is no display restarts in a loop with the caps lock which flashes

I put back the original 16mb and now starts but after a long minute but the password is present with the serial number.

I put back the original 8mb and everything works, however I noticed that the bios version 1.2.0 could have an impact?

Comment

basically I had succeeded in removing the bios password, I am only trying to enter the service tag, can we add it by modifying the dump? if yes where is the info to modify in Hex Workshop

Comment

I`m confused now what youve done. Do you have the original 16MB dump . Its the 16MB dump that has the password not the 8MB/ME bios.

Comment

Re: latitude 3510 service tag manufacturing mode on 10th gen Dell bios

try to fix your original file
                                  lets see if it is work for you
                                  flash both of them
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    I`m confused now what youve done. Do you have the original 16MB dump . Its the 16MB dump that has the password not the 8MB/ME bios.
                                    i do this
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVX-Q8T8lKY

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
                                      try to fix your original file
                                      lets see if it is work for you
                                      flash both of them
                                      the laptop starts up fine but the password is still there

Comment

Maybe stored in the EC ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X