So, I've now got two PS2s and an original GTA:SA disc;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I've now got two PS2s and an original GTA:SA disc;

I was never a PS guy, I had borrowed the original PS for a while but otherwise went from a NES clone and the original Gameboy to PC and Sega Dreamcast (yes, I'm an oddball, lol).

Visited my grandpa today and I just found these two lying on the street. There's an original fat and a slim - the size difference between the two is ridiculous. The fat is missing the drive bezel and the slim is missing the drive cover, otherwise both units power up, the drives spin and appear to load up the GTA San Andreas disc I found in the fat. I don't know anything else yet since I don't have a video cable or a controller.

To be continued.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: So, I've now got two PS2s and an original GTA:SA disc;

Pics or it didn't happen:
    Attached Files
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

nice!
      now if you get a memory card that is compatable with the original ones, you can use a factory service trick to load games from the front usb port!!!!
      (stick the iso's on a memory stick)

look up "openPS2-loader"

Comment

Thanks, I knew they made it boot off USB and it looks like I can find a modded memory card for a tenner. I'll go to the swap meet tomorrow see if I can source an AV cable... The local superstore still carries controllers so that's already covered.

Comment

if i remember right, the same rgb cable works between the psx, ps2 and ps3
          i remember using my psx scart cable on a ps2 and i think it worked on the ps3.

Comment

Working...
          X