how to repair sony str k850 won't memorize radio stations no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to repair sony str k850 won't memorize radio stations no more

Hi guys, i have an old Sony receiver str k850 that won't memorize preset radio stations no more, i have to manually put in frequency in order to tune in station ,but if i try to set up another frequency it looses the first one and so on, this might be old caps, what you guys experts on radios think i should look for, thanks
    Last edited by ivtec; 11-08-2021, 11:13 AM.

Re: how to repair sony str k850 won't memorize radio stations no more

open it - see whats inside.
    it probably has a (leaked) battery or capacitor to maintain the memory

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      open it - see whats inside.
      it probably has a (leaked) battery or capacitor to maintain the memory
      Thanks stj,i' try to open it and check, i'm getting to old for this though, if i had a clue where to go in the circuit would be best.

Comment

I looked at the service manual and could not see any memory backup (ie large cap) I suspect the data is stored in eeprom, make sure you are saving the station according to the manual, or you could also try a reset to clear any data that is already stored (procedure is in the owners manual)

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          I looked at the service manual and could not see any memory backup (ie large cap) I suspect the data is stored in eeprom, make sure you are saving the station according to the manual, or you could also try a reset to clear any data that is already stored (procedure is in the owners manual)
          I did the factory reset some time ago and it did not set the tuner to preset stations, i think i'll not tough this thing and will input station manually if needed every time i need it which is rarely ,i only tune in one station anyway,as long it doesn't affect other receiver functions it's fine, besides i have another Str DE335 older but still works fine,thanks
          Last edited by ivtec; 11-08-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

link the service manual

Comment

Working...
            X