Winegard-LNA-200-Preamplifier-Antenna-Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winegard-LNA-200-Preamplifier-Antenna-Amplifier

Hi guys,i bought this hardware for my my outdoor antenna, but i'm confused these seems to be 2 antenna amps? or the white with the power supply is an inside power inserter? https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-LNA-.../dp/B00DQN3R9O

Re: Winegard-LNA-200-Preamplifier-Antenna-Amplifier

amplifier bolts to antenna and power supply at tv end between tv and antenna wire .

Comment

The black unit with the two F's and waterproof is the amplifier that should be placed near the feed point on the antenna. The white unit with two F's is the power inserter which is not waterproof and should be indoors. The thing that plugs into the wall is the power supply.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info,i only asked because i have seen people use only the white inserter with power supply by itself inside as an amp,{See Link bellow} i already installed it the way you said and it works great, i have the best reception i 've ever had here in Boston area 60 miles away.

https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-LNA-...16072448&psc=1
        Last edited by ivtec; 11-08-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

There are different ways to do this but the best place to put the amplifier is at the feed point, not near the TV. There are probably some crappy TVs that don't have or have weak RF amplifier stages that could benefit from any amplifier anywhere, but it's not optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
            There are different ways to do this but the best place to put the amplifier is at the feed point, not near the TV. There are probably some crappy TVs that don't have or have weak RF amplifier stages that could benefit from any amplifier anywhere, but it's not optimal.
            Thanks for replying , still you don't address the question i asked if the LNa 100 white inserter and power supply can be used by itself without the black LNA 200?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ivtec; 11-10-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Who knows what's in those things. It may or may not have another amplifier. Also the DC offset it introduces may affect the receiver stage. The coupling from the power lines could also add to signal strength. So it's hard to know definitively what's going on, from hidden amplification stages, offset effects, injection, and of course the placebo effect.
              Last edited by eccerr0r; 11-10-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                Who knows what's in those things. It may or may not have another amplifier. Also the DC offset it introduces may affect the receiver stage. The coupling from the power lines could also add to signal strength. So it's hard to know definitively what's going on, from hidden amplification stages, offset effects, injection, and of course the placebo effect.
                Thanks mate, appreciate your explanation and your great expertise. I have it installed just like suggested. LNA 200 near ant. and LNA 100 in the cellar 100 feet from ant. and 10 feet from Tv, Works great. If i was younger i sure would go up there to the roof 30 feet high and just would try antenna connected just with LNA 100 only, but at my age i already did too much 1 time, hope i don't have to go up there for the rest of my life, i already took precautions for that, installed matching transformer and Amp 200 LNA inside weather prove box attached to the ant. mast .
                Last edited by ivtec; 11-11-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

The lna-200 is meant for use with an outdoor antenna to boost the signal from the antenna to the tv, The lna-100 is meant for use with an indoor and not to be used together, The white power inserter (for the lna-200) has no amplification, it is just to insert the dc voltage onto the cable going up to the amplifier and it also blocks the dc from going into the TV's rf input.
                  The white LNA-100 does not supply voltage out the R.F. connector, it is a stand alone signal amplifier.

Boost LNA-100: https://winegard.com/industry/at-hom...enna-amplifier
                  Boost XT LNA-200 https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...enna-amplifier
                  Last edited by R_J; 11-11-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    The lna-200 is meant for use with an outdoor antenna to boost the signal from the antenna to the tv, The lna-100 is meant for use with an indoor and not to be used together, The white power inserter (for the lna-200) has no amplification, it is just to insert the dc voltage onto the cable going up to the amplifier and it also blocks the dc from going into the TV's rf input.
                    The white LNA-100 does not supply voltage out the R.F. connector, it is a stand alone signal amplifier.

Boost LNA-100: https://winegard.com/industry/at-hom...enna-amplifier
                    Boost XT LNA-200 https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...enna-amplifier
                    Thanks R-J now i've got it , the white piece and transformer that comes with LNA 200 is just a 5 v power inserter.

Comment

Working...
                    X