Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do these look fake transistors to you ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172486863212
    just got these tip41c tip42c from that ebay as rs dont have then right now .. they worked pretty good for a few seconds . one pair blew up with sparks and smoke and a bit of a bang then i disconnect them and turned the amp back on and the other pair blew up . all shorted across bce .

Re: do these look fake transistors to you ?

The same seller is selling fake Wago connectors as Waco, so a good chance they are fake.

Comment

best not try the others then .. not like i was going to .. have too much on without having to repair the damage they done .. 2 burned collector tracks to name the obvious . one driver is reading oddly on diode test but was from that ebay so no idea if thats fake too . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232553805102

they do play low level music seeming ok so might be good ..

Comment

well i just sent pics to seller and included this comparison to a known genuine fairchild tip32c ...
        Attached Files

Comment

just had a refund so no massive loss .just my time ..

Comment

Wow LOL, yeah that logo looks wrong.

Sigh so even BJTs have fakes...how many amps were you pumping through it before they blew, or it was just voltage?

Was looking at this MJE105 I have in my parts box, wonder if I should fleabay it and buy cheaper TIP42s... I guess not...

Comment

unsure of the current .i just turned the volume up some . maybe 10 or 20 watts worth and then fireworks

Comment

horrible indeed I^2*R - probably only an amp or so for an 8 ohm speaker. Probably a 2N4401 in a TIP42 case?!

Comment

no idea whats inside them ..i know they aren't what they say they are .

Comment

Working...
                  X