samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

try whats suggested in post 19 a factory reset may solve the issues your having

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      If you reset via the "factory reset" service menu, you will get the TV as if it were from a store.
      https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Samsung-TV

Method 5
      So managed to get to the menu with the info settings mute power buttons. I have attached a photo of the menu, it says failure, does that indicate what the fault is? The factory reset isn't in the main menu but within the first option section, as per photo. Should I proceed with the factory reset?
      Attached Files

Comment

i would wait and see what lotas suggests

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
          i would wait and see what lotas suggests
          Yeah same here, was tempted to just do it but lets see what the experts say! Eagerly awaiting!

Comment

hopefully someone will have seen that failure screen before as i have not, i am still learning about firmware and software issues.
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-06-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

hopefully someone will have seen that failure screen before as i have not, i am still learning about firmware and software issues.
              Sorry didn't mean to suggest you're not an expert, to me you are, just that I have no idea! It was a low end tv, but still £400 and expected to last longer than 2.5 years!

Comment

Trust me im no expert ive learnt all i know from this site and youtube i repair things as a hobby mainly just for myself and family members. we never stop learning.
                i have recenty collected a Samsung UE48H6400AW 3d smart tv of a free site it needs new backlight strips just waiting for delivery from china which has been 3 weeks now if tv is ok after i may keep it myself,

Comment

Yes, it can be located under the menu Only in no case should you change the parameters in this service menu, if you don’t know what for what, the changes can turn the TV into a brick (replacing the motherboard) if EMMc is alive, then the reset will go well if bad, then you can hang on the "SAMSUNG" screensaver, then how lucky you are.

Comment

so would you still suggest to do a factory reset?

Comment

Well, there are no more options, at your own peril and risk, one way or another, the TV does not work properly.

Comment

Yes, it can be located under the menu Only in no case should you change the parameters in this service menu, if you don't know what for what, the changes can turn the TV into a brick (replacing the motherboard) if EMMc is alive, then the reset will go well if bad, then you can hang on the "SAMSUNG" screensaver, then how lucky you are.
                        So just did this, and it seemed to turn off and go into standby mode. Turned the tv on and it came up with the Samsung screen then went blank and back to the No signal screen but not coded correctly?

Comment

seems a common issue just googled the error on no signal screen https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...l/td-p/2307700

Comment

so, just tried a few things. I can't use the source button on the remote but can change with the buttons on the screen. But like before no sound and it says its optimising the video
                            Attached Files

Comment

seems a common issue just googled the error on no signal screen https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...l/td-p/2307700
                              Clever, you googled the error message! That one you shared doesn't seem to have a fix ...

Comment

not sure if you can re programe the eemc etc on these sets if a replacent mainboard is cheap maybe its worth going down that route will need a picture of your mainboard thats used in your tv plus on the metal tv chassis should be a white sticker with the lcd panel type.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
                                  Clever, you googled the error message! That one you shared doesn't seem to have a fix ...
                                  no none seem too have a fix all the ones i have been reading says replace mainboard

Comment

no none seem too have a fix all the ones i have been reading says replace mainboard
                                    Just tried a fix on the link you shared, one where you reset the apps. That too, no joy. Still getting the same thing. Interestingly I get the SID_No_Signal something and sometimes it displays properly, saying No Signal.

Comment

Try to update via USB with version 1320.4
                                      https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/m...E55NU7021KXXU/

Comment

Try to update via USB with version 1320.4
                                        https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/m...E55NU7021KXXU/
                                        Ok so followed all of those steps but when I click on update now, it doesn't give me the option to use USB? Anyway just thinks a bit and then goes back to the No Signal screen. I check the version and it say 1310. Any idea how else I can update via the USB?

Comment

You have correctly formatted (FAT32) and unpacked the files for updating, try other USB flash drives and insert them into other slots.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X