This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Zagreb, Croatia. I am an old lurker who is into retro/vintage hardweare, but have decided to finally join the forums See you around !

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello guys.
        My name is Senad, I am from Sarajevo Bosnian and Hercegovina and I work in an IT service. A nice day to all!

Comment

Hello,

I have been an electronics service technician since the 80's then moved into the telecommunications field for the remainder of my career. Hopefully I can help someone here and learn a few things also. Glad I found this site.

Comment

hi im mhar from Philippines 36 years old working in the government as an IT.

My experience in PC technician is 5 years.I want to learn more about how to repair a computer.

Comment

Hi, i am new here. I have problem with my older laptop and i need to ask a question because i am not so skilled and experienced with electronic repairs. Before i can give a question i must write here, so i am here.

Comment

Hi there!
                I'm an EE professional, and I'm suddenly in a bad need of repairing my HP notebook. Hope to find support here.

Regards!

Comment

hello ppl!

Comment

hello! I am new here, I have some awful laptops that need some love, and this seems like the place to find it <3

Comment

Hi Everyone,

i am From Sri Lanka.i have 20 years of working experience in Computer hardware.I started from IBM PC 486 33Mhz Computer .I Do computer and laptop repairing.Today i am here to share my knowledge and learn more things from you all.
                      This forum was helped me a lot.
                      Nice to meet all the supportive people here.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a broken TV and I hope to get some help in fixing it here

Comment

Hello Everyone
                          I find this site searching for BIOS dump for AIO Asus and propably found it.
                          Of course I will stay here for longer

Comment

Wow, I'm finally here!

It took me years to register in this forum but I never really saw many reasons to do it since I used to do just simple jobs fixing computers and I always saw forums as strongholds for professionals or advanced tinkerers. I was wrong. I know.

I fix computers for about 15 year as a hobbyist and like most of people here I also started early. I remember being 9 and all I wanted was a 486 just to play Doom. But my first computer only came years later: a Pentium II 333MHz. My father didn't believe in the beginning that I would stick to computing and thought it was just a phase. Well, here I'm working as a programmer and IT support.

I love fixing computers and I wanted to start with laptop but I quickly noticed that if I wanted to go this way, I'd have to enter into the realm of board repairing. Although a little scared I was really excited to do it. That's when I entered into the component-level work. Now I have a small soldering workbench where I'm starting to tinker with electronic boards.

And the next step: hot air station!

I know I'll learn a lot here and wish to contribute somehow.

Talk to you soon!

Comment

hola. espero estar haciendo lo correcto. busque un boton que me permitiera hacer una publicacion y termine clickando aqui. saludo a todos los miembros del foro con mi mejor voluntad. que se resuelvan todos sus problemas tecnicos. muchachos. aqui guerreando con una Acer Aspire v3 472G 72FT que prende solo un led amarillo y nada mas. antes de quedar asi se ponia pesada al hacer uso del internet. Despues de apagarla no volvio a encender. A la caza del esquematico. un abrazo

Comment

hi, im just some guy wanting to fix a home theatre system

Comment

Hello good day everyone im keen and im 24 years old
                                  I have a small repair business i join this furom for me to share and expand my knowledge as what the qoute said sharing is loving i love you all guys hope we can be friend on real life and meet

Thanks for accepting me here 😉

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                    I,m from Italy; notebook motherboards chip level fixing.

Comment

New member here...Thanks for the add

After 40+ years as a test tech, I find myself repairing TV's to stay busy and engaged. If I ask newbie questions it's because I'm curious and not being a smart a$$.

Comment

Hello! I am new and looking to get more knowledge than just replacing parts!

Comment

Hi! I'm Christoph and I am comming from germany. After many circles, different jobs and some chaotic zig zag on my way I'm about to finish my diploma in cinematograghy... with 35

Actually I was searching for a boardview file and luckily found this place. I am a pretty unexpirienced on pcb level repairs but really want to learn more about it!

I do basic working and repairs on computers since my early youth -as anybody else here.

I just remember the day when I did my first improvement to my 486: I bought a 256MB 3,5" HDD.
                                          I thought that I would have enough storage for the rest of my life

I worked some years as camera technician in a cine rental company and have good expirience in mechanics, optics and very, very basic electronics like soldering cable connectors for XLR or Lemo... SMD is something completely new to me. It is crazy how difficoult it can be only to identify components and their parameters on the board.

I'am happy to be here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X