Charging Section - Some basic Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging Section - Some basic Questions

So I have more than a couple of Laptops that have this strange charging issue.. When I plug in the adpater, it starts to charge for like 20-30 seconds( Shows animation of battery filling up on the extreme right taskbar). But then the animation of charging the the battery stops . Now when you click on the battery icon , it says plugged in and charging. But the percentage does not increase at all.
    So my question is , what is the safest method to troubleshoot the charging section ..

For example 1. Check battery connector 2.Bios 3. Check Voltage on X pin of charging IC or Check voltage on XYZ mosfet

I understand everyone is busy , but your expertise can be really helpful to many of us.

Re: Charging Section - Some basic Questions

Originally posted by IamPritesh View Post
    So I have more than a couple of Laptops that have this strange charging issue.. When I plug in the adpater, it starts to charge for like 20-30 seconds( Shows animation of battery filling up on the extreme right taskbar). But then the animation of charging the the battery stops . Now when you click on the battery icon , it says plugged in and charging. But the percentage does not increase at all.
    So my question is , what is the safest method to troubleshoot the charging section ..

For example 1. Check battery connector 2.Bios 3. Check Voltage on X pin of charging IC or Check voltage on XYZ mosfet

I understand everyone is busy , but your expertise can be really helpful to many of us.
    The name & model of the laptops in question would also help in prescribing a solution for you.

Comment

Usually that would be a bad battery rather than a motherboard problem.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I had this exact same symptom when I was trying to replace the charging IC on an Asus. It ended up being that it wasn't completely soldered correctly on all pins. Might want to replace the charging IC if the battery proves OK

Comment

i always use HWMonitor from cpuid.com, it contains battery information. you can download it here https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmo...nitor_1.40.exe

Comment

Working...
          X