Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung NP550p Screen broken external display unresponsive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung NP550p Screen broken external display unresponsive.

I accidentally crushed my laptop screen while lowering my car seat. co-incidentally I had an old screen which got damaged earlier, but was still about 80-85% visible with 4 round black dead pixel blobs about an inch in dia. basically not usable on a regular basis, but it can work for testing.

I tried connecting an external HDMI monitor while loading the bios screen and it worked a couple of times,(VGA did not work) and after a few reboots(laptop also has some power issue and kept shutting down) the power issue was resolved once i connected the battery(was running it directly on power), but the external screen did not respond after the first few tries. I've installed the OS and tried all settings but external screen does not detect.

I'm not technical, and can only handle basic stuff. the laptop model is NP550P5C- the screen which i broke was LTN156KT06-B01, which im told is no longer available. I intend to use the laptop as a desktop for my 3D printer and therefore dont need it to be mobile. if i could just get the external screen working it would be awesome..

Is there some setting i need to do in BIOS, to get the external screen to work

TIA

Cheers

IS
    Last edited by indi78; 07-12-2020, 09:09 AM. Reason: typos

Re: Samsung NP550p Screen broken external display unresponsive.

If you close the screen cover, you will get an external image. sleep mode external hdmi active.
    Last edited by piernov; 04-07-2022, 03:08 PM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Working...
    X