DAX1BDMB6F0 Powerup Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAX1BDMB6F0 Powerup Issue

Mainboard of HP Pavillon 17-g105ng (i5 and geforce 940M)
    The Mainboard is called: DAX1BDMB6F0 REF:F MODEL: X1BD

Here is a Thread with a similar Mainboard: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70410 there are schematics linked. I did the Measurements suggested in the Thread:
    Coil-Measurements with Power-supply attached and Battery:
    A = PL8 = Battery charge Vage (+BATCHG) = 1.4 V
    B = PL16 = CPU graphics (+VCCGT) = 0 V
    C = PL14 = CPU core (+VCC_CORE) = 0 V
    D = PL12 = CPU system agent (+VCCSA) = 0 V
    E = PL13 = Deep Suspend rail (+1.0V_DEEP_SUS) = 1.04 V
    F = PL11 = 5V rail (+5VS5) = 5.06 V
    G = PL17 = 3V rail (+3VS5) = 3.35 V

Coil-Measurements with only the Battery:
    A = PL8 = Battery charge Vage (+BATCHG) = 16.23 V

Coil-Measurements with only the PowerSupply:
    A = PL8 = Battery charge Vage (+BATCHG) = 0.22 V

on the ITE-IC:
    pin 119 (RSMRST#) = 0 V
    pin 107 (NBSWON1#) = 3.28 V (Measured at the ? on my attachment) on PwrButtonpress gets pulled down to 0.29 V
    pin 89 (SLP_SUS_ON) = couldn't find a point to measure (My Probes are too thick to measure directly on the pin)
    pin 87 (DSWROK_EC) = couldn't find a point to measure (My Probes are too thick to measure directly on the pin)

Firmware chip pin 8 (+3V_DEEP_SUS) = 0.08 V
    - 1.8V regulator output inductor (+1.8V_DEEP_SUS) = 0.0 V

Ordered some needle probes, but that will take some time till they are here.

Hopefully someone can point me to where to find the error -- or provide a diagram where to measure.
    Attached Files

Re: DAX1BDMB6F0 Powerup Issue

Currently the boardview (BV) not available.

Comment

first, reprogram EC and Bios to see what will happen.

Comment

Why reprogram? Are they known to loose their programming?
        Wouldn't it be more useful to measure the boot-up sequence?
        If someone could point me to the testpoints, I guess I could get the readings and locate the error.
        And how do I reprogram the EC?... ^^

Comment

Originally posted by BarNiy View Post
          Why reprogram? Are they known to loose their programming?
          Wouldn't it be more useful to measure the boot-up sequence?
          If someone could point me to the testpoints, I guess I could get the readings and locate the error.
          And how do I reprogram the EC?... ^^
          Why programming--- yes bios does gets corrupt and thats why more than 80% posts here are for bios requests only. You are not getting 3v on pin8 of bios which should be present before powering up in this mb as per some other posts in our forum. So no harm in trying bios reflash first.

For kbc you need special programmer like svod etc.

Comment

Schematic .
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

RSMRST# is missing. It comes from the EC. So either a signal prior to it in the power sequence is missing, or there is an issue with the EC itself.
              Issue with the EC can be that it's damaged or the firmware is corrupted so that's why you were suggested to try to flash it.
              Unfortunately on this platform the EC firmware is embedded inside the EC itself so you'd need a special programmer for that as @mcplslg123 said.

However in this case you're missing +3V_DEEP_SUS, which is enabled by SLP_SUS_ON (see U5) which comes from the EC as well (and is required for RSMRST# to come up). For SLP_SUS_ON to come up, the SLP_SUS# signal from the PCH has to come up before. You need to measure both those signals, they are a critical part of the power sequence.

I note that you have +1.0V_DEEP_SUS, but schematics is a bit confusing around PU12 so it may well have been reworked later in the design process, so we can't assume anything with this information.

Also please try to measure the power rails and signals you measured when pressing the power button to see if anything changes
              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Just found BV on mega. This BV for X1A not X1BD, I knew would different, but i think there are 70% have similarities.

Just for compare and reference only, since Quanta have no label component on PCB (newest quanta)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by on/off; 01-01-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

All three of the Deep Sx power rails are activated by SLP_SUS_ON. However, you've only measured one of them (+1.0_DEEP_SUS) as being the correct voltage.

Measure the pins of the related ICs to see what is happening:
                  PU12 for +1.0_DEEP_SUS
                  PU15 for +1.8V_DEEP_SUS
                  U6 for +3V_DEEP_SUS

For example, if you get SLP_SUS_ON at PU12, but not PU15 or U6, then perhaps there is a broken via somewhere on the board.

Note: When you see an asterisk next to a part in a schematic, it usually means that part is not installed on the production version of the board. So, you can consider it an open circuit. But, parts such as the 0 ohm resistors and jumper near PU12 have actually been replaced by solid traces. The markings are still on the board, but you'll find that the pads have been joined together into one big rectangle underneath the solder mask.

You can absolutely use the X1A boardview for a lot of things on this board. However, many of the part IDs are different. You will need the X1A schematic to cross-reference them. (e.g. On the X1A, PU15 is named PU14 and U6 is named U5)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did you ever find the fault on this motherboard as to why it is not starting up. I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Schematic .
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by on/off View Post
                        Just found BV on mega. This BV for X1A not X1BD, I knew would different, but i think there are 70% have similarities.

Just for compare and reference only, since Quanta have no label component on PCB (newest quanta)
                        Thanks

Comment

Good Day.

Does anyone got somewhere with +vccgt missing..? I have 4 laptops. 2x msi i7 7700hq. 2x dell i7 7700hq and 6700hq all missing +vccgt. Laptops goes on black screen.

Comment

Working...
                          X