X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ailenware 17 R4

Hello,

I am working on an Ailenware 17 R4 M/B BAP10 LA-D751P Rev 1.0
    I am getting a two red and one blue code on the power button which said CPU fail. I tried removing the battery connector and the bios batter reset, no help. I also re-flowed the CPU and I still have the same error. I believe that the CPU overheated and failed, is there anything else I can try?

Thank You

Re: Ailenware 17 R4

try to check all the voltage rail.. specially the voltage for the processor..1.2 or 1v is good.. but try to see if it overheats.is the processor fan spinning? did you check the fan? reflowing the processor without the proper tool can kill it.. if there is no processor voltage.. try to look for short circuit in the processor side.. short circuit meaning 0 ohm. it is not common to have a defective processor because it has a built in protection for over heating and over voltage..but of course it has always an exception. my opinion.. its likely to have a failed chip if the processor have a built in gpu..
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

May be bad SMD CPU caps.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Thank You for your feedback and troubleshooting tips, I will look into this.
        I need to figure out where is the voltage rail at.

What happened was the owner never cleaned the cooling fans and they were full of dust and hair until she got a CPU overheat code. When it is powered on now, the cooling fans come on for 7 seconds and goes out for 3 seconds. It does this several times until the power led flashes 2 red and 1 blue code, then the cooling fans go to full speed.

When researching the CPU failure, this has been a common occurrence with this laptop and some were within a year old.

Thank you
        Last edited by davem12; 07-12-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

You need to check voltage on all big grey coils.

Comment

experienced that symptoms in Lenovo laptop the fan is gummed up, laptop always power off for 10 minutes but the costumer keep on using it for almost a year. see how reliable intel processors are then this symptom came.. no display the fan spins at full speed. all voltage rail are at the correct values.. what i did is clean the processor fan put some fresh thermal paste and i reflash the bios.. that solves it.. maybe try to reflash the bios.. the frequent on and off state of the unit must corrupted the bios..

Comment

Thanks for all the info,

I tried using the SOIC clip and got errors. I will de-solder the chip and read it and save original Bios. Is there any specific Bios that worked well for this board. It is a Winbond 25Q80DVS1G chip.

Thank You
              David

Comment

Originally posted by davem12 View Post
                Thanks for all the info,

I tried using the SOIC clip and got errors. I will de-solder the chip and read it and save original Bios. Is there any specific Bios that worked well for this board. It is a Winbond 25Q80DVS1G chip.

Thank You
                David

The bios you want is marked 25Q128 . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85876 .You can try the bios from post #12 ,if you want your own service tag adding you should post your own bios backup in that thread.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-13-2020, 04:50 PM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Wow,

That was a really quick response. Went to take it apart and just found the 25Q128 labeled UH4 and was going to update my findings and you beat me too it. Thanks for the information and the link

Dave

Comment

Hello,

I flashed the firmware, no help. I found a leaking inductor at the CPU. The inductor measures 4.18mm LxW 1.83mm H. I believe that it is a series 4020 chip. The part I found is SRP4020TA-1R0M, would this be the correct one and will this cause the CPU overheat fault code?

Sorry for the noob questions. I'm new at this.

Thank You very much for your help
                    Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

1uH inductor coil try to clean the board and put new 1R0 coil try also remove the mosfet connected to this coil and replace it.. and see how it goes... please post progress

Comment

Working...
                      X