Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edifier x3 Earbuds Blue Light Problem (Charging Problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edifier x3 Earbuds Blue Light Problem (Charging Problem)

I ordered a Bluetooth earbud one and half year ago, and right earbud broke. The light that should have been red when you put it in the charging case started to turn blue continuously(which means earbud is not charging) and after 1 week the earbud completely died. I disassembled right earbud because the warranty finished. I diagnosed the battery was dead, so I charged it with TP4056 and revived the battery.

Right earbud is working now but I still didn't solve charging problem. I checked the charging box with a multimeter. There is 5V. I checked the headphone pins and they are working. Since there is no schematic of the headset on the internet, I could not figure out what caused the problem. Anyone have any ideas about the cause of the problem?

Here is photo of board and explain
    B1 B2 : battery pins
    1 2 : pins which are going to speaker of earbud
    3 4 : pins which are charging the battery from charging case

If any questions or advise I'm open for all. It will be good challenge for me

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Edifier x3 Earbuds Blue Light Problem (Charging Problem)

Welcome to the Badcap forum

Here is what I would do take the left one that still work apart carefully and check the following

Be very careful when checking the voltages on both earbuds not to short out the battery or the charger because you might let out the factory smoke which would be a bad thing and results

Start at the battery or the charger end and work your way back to the charging port or battery end pins and compare the left side to the right side and see where and when you loose the charging effect on the right side

One note for putting the “or” is because you make sure that this is where you loose the charging effect and it very well might be a component or connection at the battery end or the charger end to the board that is the issue

One other note be very careful about the flexible interconnection plastic wire connector these are easily broken if it were me I would remove it from the two circuit boards and use regular hook up wires and when you are able to repair the device then reinstall the flexible wire ( by doing this and I would do this on both earbuds you will have more room to be able to troubleshoot the issue with this earbud that is not working correctly anymore )

Then in the picture that you provided show where you loose the charging effect that would charge the battery

As a last resort if you can not figure out why the earbud does not charge you could put two external pins to be able to charge the battery I would prefer not to go this route unless I have to

I hope this helps you with repairing this earbud charging problem
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-15-2022, 02:54 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Today I disassembled the earbud again. I checked all front capacitors and solder joints step by step with a multimeter. The values are exactly the same.(Left and Right) I soldered a bridge to the flex cable and connected it directly to the pins with 2 copper wires but the result is the same. Then the flex cable is working properly. But the board still not charge the battery. Some capacitors are extremely tiny and I only have a soldering gun I don't have a heat gun. That's why it's hard to desolder components. The other side of the board has more capacitors than front. I think I gave up. I couldn't find where the problem. I will continue to use single earphones One is better than zero.

I hope one day I'll be back to repair that earbud with better knowledge
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-16-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

What you need is a temperature controlled soldering iron with a fine tip or a tweezers type soldering iron and a magnifying glass that has a light on it this making this type of repair a lot easier to do
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-18-2022, 07:42 PM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
        X