Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum Cleaner Speed Controller issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Cleaner Speed Controller issues...

Hi folks i own a Volta U6820 (same as electrolux 6820) it as some weird ass speed regulator i talked to the local electrolux service department and they told me i needed to "re-calibrate" the speed controller?!

Problem started with that on level 4-5(max) it starts to go up and down a lot in speed so now i played with it as the technician told me two outcomes so far 0-30% ish and 20-100% and lol i can not turn it of in the last but i also noticed in the last setup the triac/thyristor turns on and off all the time at higher speeds makes me believe that there might be an electronic problem too

Any suggestions are welcome!
    Attached Files

Re: Vacuum Cleaner Speed Controller issues...

That is a very simple circuit found in most vacuum cleaners. I would try to take apart and clean the knob that adjusts the speed. If a significant amount of dust gets into it, it can cause the pot to become intermittent, which would give behaviors like you are experiencing.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

go resolder some joints.

also, the zener diode on top looks cracked - is it? or is it the camera angle?
      Attached Files

Comment

So tried to resolder some joints, and it still acts up like it is power cycling i wonder if the controller ic is faulty?

Tried to upload some real high resolution macro photos of the pcb but the size was way to big so here they are:

http://i.imgur.com/vxJoQlY.jpg
        http://i.imgur.com/wuDjADc.jpg
        http://i.imgur.com/jjwr4U3.jpg

I tried a few times more to turn the pot for full dc voltage and plug it in then to put the pot to gnd and then plug it what confuses me is when i have it in the lowest then the motor is running in full speed without dropping any speed
        can the micro controller be faulty anyway shall call the service center and double check the "calibration" procedure.

Comment

The larger of the Yellow capacitors looks like it may be bulged a bit at the bottom (near D1), I would check it, sometimes they go open and don't look bad.
          And it is off the center of the pot through R1
          I found this also, Hows your Polish?
          http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic2559147.html
          and this (similar schematic I think)
          http://www.ebastlirna.cz/modules.php...wtopic&t=65192
          Last edited by R_J; 05-30-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Yes i was looking at that one for a while (C2) it says 474/250V 470nF i guess but my component tester says 154nF ESR=8 or so i assume its bad the other (C1) 334 330nF measures 261.nF ESR=3.2 so thats true.

And no im not that good with polish even if it is close to me haha

Saw that polish site too seems like MQD4C is a microcontroller?

Try to source some capacitors then

Comment

Thank you RJ!!! i was looking at that capacitor C2 before and its was that MKT capacitor that was bad now it responds up to full speed but it still needs a calibration and now it makes sense

Comment

So a final update everything now works and if someone ever would run it to the same problems with similar devices:

The circuitboard has this partnumber: 2193995111
                the regulator ic: MC9S08QD4C
                Triac: BTB16-600

And to avoid problems before you do like me, here is a small tip:

Take a pen and draw a line where off and max speed corresponds to the potentiometer angle and please do not bring it outside those boundaries when you test make sure it is in "off" state...

Otherwise a time consuming re-calibration is needed and this drove me mad, imagine the potentiometer in midpoint is "90 degrees" then -135 is the lowest and then you shall keep it there then plug the machine in.

It will start and sound like a tornado, do not worry about that then turn the potentiometer to max then back to min now unplug the the vacuum cleaner.

Now we have the last step to set the off state in the right position on the pot and on state too (must start with potentiometer at max +135 degrees from midpoint) then try to look at the axle where like full speed is on the pot and where off should be then set it where like full speed should be and a few degrees extra counter clock-wise and plut it in now it should be in max speed now take a small insulated screwdriver and turn the pot clock-wise until it turns off with a bit of luck that will match the angle of the axle of the pot.

Otherwise you need to repeat the reset and set again.

Comment

Hello for french people Ive found it and it works.
                  Little tip for the reinitialisation procedure, do not go to stop completely.
                  You'll find reinit. procedure in french with pictures.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The diode seems misplaces somehow. I had similar problem with my vacuum cleaner, then I bought a crazysales robot vacuum cleaner. It works fine, and the circuit board is compact and simpler than manual one. The speed and cleaning routine can be set on the panel and it will do the job accordingly. Really saves me time. And till now, nothing wrong happens.

Comment

It starts then stops immediately, or just spins in place. It can be suggested that a person should clean the robot’s cliffbrushes and sensor, and brush bearings during these moments. Use compressed air, especially throughout the wheels and beneath the bumper, or tap the bumper in your hand. Another suggestion is to give the vacuum a firm push on top, directly above where the center wheel is situated, if this does not solve the problem. The challenge can be which the center wheel at the front of a unit is simply not in the proper recessed position because the wheel is adaptable. This Roomba repair method worked for several.

Comment

Even so the new crazysales robot vacuum cleaner are meant to concentrate on different surfaces, it is actually still easy for the drive wheel for being stuck. Turn the unit backwards and inspect the wheels if you see the unit trying to move but not being able to. Try to get dirt, hair and other material which can find yourself in trouble concerning the wheels and the body. Clean this out and allow the Roomba go. This vacuum cleaner repair must be able to have your little guy running again.

Comment

I also faced this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Umbreon View Post
                            The diode seems misplaces somehow. I had similar problem with my vacuum cleaner, then I bought a crazysales robot vacuum cleaner. It works fine, and the circuit board is compact and simpler than manual one. The speed and cleaning routine can be set on the panel and it will do the job accordingly. Really saves me time. And till now, nothing wrong happens.
                            Is robot vacuum good enough that you don't ever need to manually vacuum? Please describe your floor situation (hard wood, carpet, etc), as well.

Comment

Very interesting. A friend reported me that he has a Electrolux/AEG vacuum cleaner that is showing this symptom (speed rises and falls by itself).

But even more interesting is that calibration method that babas48 reports. I've recalled my brief experience with cooking robot Thermomix TM21:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58675

I realized that some sort of calibration of Speed and Temperature potentiometers was stored in a EEPROM. And the potentiometers were exactly of the same type than this vacuum cleaner. Perhaps that calibration is done in the same way that is explained in that french PDF.
                              Last edited by Chungalin; 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

i have the solution ....

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                  i have the solution ....[/IMG]
                                  Nah, all you gotta do is rip that Confuser out and put on of these in its place.

As a bonus you also get a 10v overclock setting for those high-pile carpets!
                                  Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by babas48 View Post
                                    Hello for french people Ive found it and it works.
                                    Little tip for the reinitialisation procedure, do not go to stop completely.
                                    You'll find reinit. procedure in french with pictures.
                                    Thanks, it was very useful. I sought it whole day. Saved me 30 euros .

Comment

Move your vacuum cleaner in a forward and backward movement slowly.

Comment

Hi,

Has anybody else tested this?

Can you describe the method to recalibrate again in your own words?

I'm trying to follow the instructions, but It seems I am unable to calibrate the max speed to correspond to the correct max turning angle of the speed knob.

Turn off and start on with minimum speed works, but turning the pot towards max speed only gets me some perhaps 50% of available speed. I need to turn the pot manually to get to 100%

I am probably doing something wrong but after spending hours reading the french and Hagis2k guide I am stuck

please somebody explain the procedure in their own words.

Comment

Working...
                                        X