Rca rhos651sm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca rhos651sm

I have a 65" rca tv, built july 2020, after about 10 minutes the horizontal lines start running down from the top toward the bottom and the picture will soon freeze. If I unplug it and plug it back in again everything will work again for about 10 minutes and then the lines start running. I even opened the back of the tv and when the problem strikes I disconnect the wire harness from the main board to the T-Con board and then reconnect everything goes back to normal for about another 10 minutes. Would the T-Con module cause this problem? I don't think the main board would cause it.
    I need any help I can get from the TV experts on this forum.
    On top of all that it's almost impossible to get parts for RCA Tv's.

Re: Rca rhos651sm

Impossible to say without a pic of the anomaly.

Sounds like something is heating up. Feel around the tcon and the main board for an area or a component with excessive heat.

And post a pic of the anomaly.

Comment

On the t-con board none of the parts even get warm, on the main board only one part emits some heat but that is coming from the processors heat shield.
      I would like to buy a replacement t-con board but can't find one. Curtis international tell me they don't sell parts for tv's to try tv repair shops.
      t-con part number AE0141032. Tried ebay nothing, tried shop jimmy nothing.

Comment

You won't get any more help without posting a pic of the "horizontal lines running down" the screen.

Comment

This is the attached screen that I get after about 15 - 20 minutes, the lines start running down from the top.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jonatan; 02-24-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That looks pretty bad, appears to be a bad panel, that being said, I've come across similar looking screens with several bad caps on powerboard so proper diagnosing can be a little tricky.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-25-2021, 02:51 AM.

Comment

What warranty was there on the set if the build was July 2020?
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

remove the speakers from its place and the metal cover of the panel edge boards... take look there you could see there visible damage by liquid.

Comment

The back cover is off, everything is open, there is no liquid damage.
                  This tv was under warranty the supplier refunded the money there was no request to ship it back. The lady that owns it would like to see if it can be fixed.
                  I am trying to help her out. Poverty.
                  It works just fine for about 10 or more minutes and then the picture will freeze and the lines start rolling down horizontally. It looks like something heats up. I have ordered 403A freezing spray should have it tomorrow will try it out. I wanted to buy a T-Con module to begin with AE0141032 but have no luck. The supplier Curtis International tell me they don't sell tv parts to go to a TV repair shop. Tried Ebay and Shop Jimmy no luck.

Comment

Working blind here, can you post some clear focused straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back to see how they are all connected? I try to avoid rca, I think they are junk.

Comment

https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/...hat-they-seem/

https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/...rth-the-money/

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your help, I tried the 403 freezing spray today but it didn't help at all. I will just keep looking on facebook marketplace for someone
                        trying to get rid of an Rca the same model tv because of a broken screen and maybe get it for just a few bucks for the parts. From what I can tell buying RCA
                        TV's is a waste of money.

Comment

To update you with my Rca problem. I found all the parts the same model from a broken screen tv and tried replacing the old parts one at a time and had the same scenario. Had a good screen for about 15 minutes and then horizontal lines starting at the top. So the conclusion was the LCD screen was the problem. The tv without the components has since been recycled.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up, probably could have tried the "tape cut-off method" but it might not have worked, probably better to get a more reliable tv to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by jonatan View Post
                              To update you with my Rca problem. I found all the parts the same model from a broken screen tv and tried replacing the old parts one at a time and had the same scenario. Had a good screen for about 15 minutes and then horizontal lines starting at the top. So the conclusion was the LCD screen was the problem. The tv without the components has since been recycled.
                              Man, i wrote to you about the panel edge driver boards if there any liquid damage.. you answered there are no. so why you dont post photos on this boards.. and always you can narrow the fault on which side are effected to freeze image on panel after 15 minutes. it could be failed ceramic caps which it stopping from discharge after while. such TV you got for free its bad to scarp it because of this faults
                              Last edited by Diah; 03-12-2021, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Same tv and same issue sometimes it could work for a week no issues then all a sudden when powering on those lines start from top left to right and slowly goes to the bottom screen freezes and goes dark little by little. sound is ok. will sometimes get it back by powering off several times until it comes back. there is a small squealing sound from power board when it does this and the image flickers lightly then I know it is going to happen soon. If it would be the panel is there a fix?

Comment

Here's an easy test for a bad/shorted mlc capacitor, keep in mind that "vipula kularathne
                                  vipula kularathne
                                  3 months ago
                                  Capacitors may not dead short but bad in characteristics...thus this way cant identify bad capacitors...ESR and ESL some times cap may Leakey when heat up" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7983RQZUw4
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-02-2021, 06:31 AM.

Comment

To be clear that test will tell you if it is bad/shorted BUT a cap can be bad in other ways as stated.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-02-2021, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I’d say a regulator IC is shitting it’s self when it starts to get warm, I’d get checking the main gamma and panel regulators.
                                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

oh my ....where is this located?? on the t-con ,main board, Power board or the panel strips itself?

Comment

Working...
                                        X