Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 5567 (P66F LA-D801P i7-7500 + amd discrete gpu) freezes while booting windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 5567 (P66F LA-D801P i7-7500 + amd discrete gpu) freezes while booting windows.

hello, customer said that this problem started suddenly without any water damage or fell down, so i started with dell diagnostics and it passed all tests without any problems, the problem is when its goin to boot windows it freezes in the windows logo, i tried to boot from usb and it does the same, i tried to boot linux and it freezed when it was starting services, i also noticed that i dont have +vcc_gt all other coils measured and it seems ok, i also tried 6 different bios dumps and it does the same nothing changed and no signs of corrosion in the motherboard.
    Last edited by kosmo; 02-27-2021, 08:47 PM.

Re: Dell 5567 (P66F LA-D801P i7-7500 + amd discrete gpu) freezes while booting window

try bios first, you can try to bga VGA chip.

BIOS - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1027538
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-28-2021, 05:55 AM. Reason: Bios moved to "Bios Requests ONLY!"
    I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Re: Dell 5567 (P66F LA-D801P i7-7500 + amd discrete gpu) freezes while booting window

ok i flashed the dump you sent me and it does exactly the same, i also noticed that when it turns on the +vcc_gt spikes instantly to 0.43v before the post and then goes to 0 again.

Comment

Originally posted by kosmo View Post
        ok i flashed the dump you sent me and it does exactly the same, i also noticed that when it turns on the +vcc_gt spikes instantly to 0.43v before the post and then goes to 0 again.
        What is your service tag number
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

Try this bios - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=28 .

There`s already quite a few bios posted for the LA-D801P, some have AMT enabled,AMT disabled,no bootguard, bootguard FVME 5 . It might not fix your problem but worth a try.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thank you sir, flashing it ill tell you the results in 10 minutes.

Comment

still the same, but it works faster now.
                Last edited by kosmo; 02-28-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

now i have this bluescreen
                  Attached Files

Comment

OMG! i disabled everything from bios from perfomance and i logged in!!with the last bios you send me!! now i enable one by one to see whats the option that gives the trouble.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kosmo; 02-28-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kosmo View Post
                      OMG! i disabled everything from bios from perfomance and i logged in!!with the last bios you send me!! now i enable one by one to see whats the option that gives the trouble.
                      Great, make a backup quick

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Great, make a backup quick
                        you are the best my friend! thank you so much! <3
                        Attached Files

Comment

so C states from bios performance gives me the problems. with disable it works just fine anymore only with your last bios

Comment

You are welcome. Can you explain the setting that you changed on bios?

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
                              You are welcome. Can you explain the setting that you changed on bios?
                              i tried with other bios dumps to disable those settings and i just got black screen on reboot, only with the last dump the laptop was going really fast and when i disabled the setting it worked just fine, it rebooted and logged in to windows!
                              Attached Files

Comment

so thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
                                  so thanks.
                                  thank you too for the contribute

Comment

Working...
                                  X