General panel/tcon troubleshooting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General panel/tcon troubleshooting question

when troubleshooting tcon vs panel issues, there are many guides and pictures showing issues of both. There is one question i have in the troubleshooting method that ive overlooked the answer to, or there isnt a direct enough answer for me to grasp so here it goes...

when disconnecting the ribbon cables from the bottom of the tcon that lead to the panels (buffer?) boards, one at a time to see if any artifacts or image changes occur, i understand it to be that the act of an actual change itself is enough to point to the tcon board. except for a half black or white image caused by the lack of the feed from the tcon as expected, lets say there are vertical lines or blurred image or something, other than the blank screen (black or white) on the half with the ribbon disconnected, if the other side clears up its the tcon? or is it that if it stays the same its the tcon?

on the scenario of it being a defective panel, if removing one ribbon from the tcon does not clear up any lines present on that side of the screen, or it actually presents lines after removing the ribbon cable...its the display unit itself i understand it to be right?

thanks for some clarification, the posts ive read gave great details and examples, but these questions remain after my reading and i see many new posts trying to determine the answers even though they have the same info available on here...so perhaps this needed to be asked and or clarified not only for myself.... thank you all.
    Last edited by jostewcrew; 07-04-2020, 10:47 AM.

Re: General panel/tcon troubleshooting question

Originally posted by jostewcrew View Post
    on the scenario of it being a defective panel, if removing one ribbon from the tcon does not clear up any lines present on that side of the screen, or it actually presents lines after removing the ribbon cable...its the display unit itself i understand it to be right?.
    with yours vertical lines scenario ..you are right.. if didn't cleared after removing one side ribbon guide us to panel parts. specially at HD TVs sets or below..

UHD sets need more testing to reach the right judgments.

Comment

Re: General panel/tcon troubleshooting question

diah, ty for clarifying the panel side of the understanding i had.

id like to understand more of the cut tape method. any good reading? id like to understand what signals are being blocked and such that may lead me to further understanding and knowledge of the circuitry. ty

Comment

Working...
      X