Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to flash W25M02GVZEIG chips?

https://i.ibb.co/LvkHXyT/6264701360679268614-121.jpg

There you go. I have placed the images top-bottom in a mirror style.
    So where the small pale yellowish dot is right next to the winbond name, bottom right side of the top image (the image of the chip), when I flip the board on the reverse side, those pins are right underneath the chip in the same spots/positions. At least it seems like it, I have no full proof way of confirming.

So when I reverse the board, where the red wire is attached to, it's the mirror opposite of where that pale yellow dot is supposed to be. That's my ground for seeing it as the ground point as well, unless I am mistaken and it's not the ground point.

@harp

Comment

Originally posted by harp View Post
      Can you put picture of original chip and it surrounding. Maybe you can connect on that side to nearest pad, just follow the trace.

Comment

use a meter to trace where that 4pin header goes - it may be for programming the flash

what make / model is it?

Comment

Yes, the picture tels alot...
          1. So you do not know what is your pin #1.
          2. You did not measure if the pins of top layer is any connection to pins and arrangement of bottom layer, you only assume that this must be that.

Ok. Pin #1 is where is little fixed engraved dot in package, not yellow marker. When you position chip that you can read letters on it, pin #1 is top-left, yellow dot is on pin #5, you follow the U pattern when determining pin number.
          It is always good starting point a datasheet of chip.

I see that your soldering skills is good and if you very precise, have a very pointend tip, good flux and small diameter wire extension, you could solder directly on chip pads or nearest component and try, but it is not reccomended to program onboard.

P.S. have you multimeter and have you know using it correctly in resistance, diode (continuity, "beep") mode?

Also, be aware of marking on pcb (silk screen) it help very much.
          On the side winbond chip, you notice a big hole near R431-C41 in level with U430 pin #8.
          Notice the center gap in silk screen just below U430 marking - that show orientation top side of chip. Similar gap is found on other side near J430 marking. Marking J may have to be from "jumper" and if you are lucky it represent U430 but for different package. But you must tested pads with multimeter for shure, and correctly assigned the wire of programmer, "right underneath" in multilayer pcb means absolute nothing.
          Last edited by harp; 07-25-2022, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_b View Post
            @diif I am indeed. Really don't want to take it off unless there's no alternative at all.
            Why not? It is the quickest and easiest way, is it tools or skills lacking?

Comment

Working...
            X