Intel HDMI Windows 10 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel HDMI Windows 10 issue

Got my butt kicked by windows 10 and intel last week.

I have an HDMI switch and splitter setup for an AV rig (church) that I was trying to use the windows 10 half of my Lenovo T440s with. However, the audio will not work; HDMI (displayport) audio doesn't show in device manager and Intel's Control Center shows the external display as not supporting audio. Direct connect it to things and (if memory serves) it does work.

Compounding the issue is that I'm forced to use Lenovo's drivers... as the generic intel ones refuse to install as they detect it's a lenovo system (even with the lenovo drivers removed).

The Arch Linux half of the laptop has no issue... sends audio direct. But, Gnome 3 isn't AV friendly, so that's out for the moment (barring a second GUI install for the AV user).

Anybody know of a way to force it to always say HDMI audio is supported? I'm likely going to eventually buy&build them an AVPC (with a Blu-Ray drive and decoder) and I'd like to know if Intel graphics are going to be a problem due to overly "helpful" drivers.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: Intel HDMI Windows 10 issue

Done more research... Seems to be a common issue with Intel's win10 drivers. Lots of finger pointing but no solutions other than using an external device to inject audio or or using Linux. Grrr...
    Last edited by ratdude747; 12-04-2022, 10:11 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

win7 drivers with sig-check disabled?

Comment

from my own research using my own google-fu, the problems with win10 and intel hdmi audio first started on win10 v1903. so i guess i wont be building any htpcs based on win10. xp mce and win7 would be the way to go for htpc builds. can make the machines offline if u or the client are afraid of hacking attacks from the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
          from my own research using my own google-fu, the problems with win10 and intel hdmi audio first started on win10 v1903. so i guess i wont be building any htpcs based on win10. xp mce and win7 would be the way to go for htpc builds. can make the machines offline if u or the client are afraid of hacking attacks from the internet.
          Yup. For all HTPC's, I still use 7. No HDMI audio issues and WMC will still play DVD's or ISO's of DVD's off a NAS with some mods. In latter versions of WMC with 7, they removed the ability for DVD playback.... I don't let them update and they're on a portion of the network that has no access to the outside world. Yup, I still use those silly 'big green button' remotes.
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            In latter versions of WMC with 7, they removed the ability for DVD playback...
            i dont know what voodoo possessed m$ to pull crap like that, removing features in later versions when they should be adding or improving features! no wonder no one wants to buy their software nowdays and they have to give stuff away for free! haha!

Comment

probably a licensing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                probably a licensing thing.
                That's why W8 nuked the built in DVD decoder of W7. IIRC it was $10 per license, and MS didn't think it was worth the expense, hence why they cut it.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X