Micro Momentary Push Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Momentary Push Switch?

Great to be here! I'm a newbie here trying to find a "micro", momentary push switch to repair a Sony "clamshell" video walkman. This micro switch has long since discontinued by Sony, however I hope there are third-party switches of the same size and functionality that I might be able to source to play the same role. The purpose of this switch is to tell the video walkman that the user has activated the mechanical tape eject button, turning that physical action into an electronic signal that tells the tape transport mechanism to open so one can load or eject a video tape. I am far from an electronics expert but going to do my best to this switch:

Here are the specs I am able to describe based on my limited knowledge of electronics:
    • Dimensions are roughy 3mm (width), 3mm (length) and 2mm (height)
    • It is a momentary push switch
    • The switch has 3 connectors/prongs, two on one side, one on the other. I wasn't thinking there are third-party switches with this exact design, so I can probably rig it to match the PCB (photo attached of the PCB's schematic design). Most of the switches I see have positive/negative on each side, so not sure exactly how this switch is working with 3 prongs.
    • I unfortanely don't know the voltage specs but I suspect this is fairly low voltage.

Sony made a number of these video walkmans that use these switches, in case it's helpful here are two examples of the part numbers:
    • 1-762-805-21
    • 1-692-366-11
    • The Sony service manuals describe these switches as "SWITCH, PUSH (1) Key EJECT"
    • SWITCH, PUSH (1 KEY)(EJECT

I've also linked a photo (below) of the electronic schematic from Sony's service manual for this video walkman (what I'm looking for is circle in red). As you can see the switch has electrical connections on the sides, 2 connections on 1 side, 1 connection on the other. It's a very simple so I am hoping something exists that does the same thing electronicall and is nearly as small.

If anyone has any thoughts on the right switch that is available for purchase online I would greatly appreciate it. I did a bunch of Google, Amazon and eBay searches and I'm finding switches that seem close, but hoping the expertise found on this forum can get me pretty close to what I'm looking for. Thank you!

https://imgur.com/nt3lY68

Re: Micro Momentary Push Switch?

Do you have a picture of the switch? These come in common sizes and styles and a few manufacturers offer them. It would likely be from a Japanese manufacturer such as Nidec-Copal, Alps, Omron etc.
    They have a certain stem height and overall profile height. 2mm is pretty low profile, it must be flat membrane style?
    Look at e-switch tactile switches.

Comment

Working...
    X