Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying an IC chip

hello folks
    I need some help to see if anyone can Identify this (IC) I believe its a Reg of some type I will post some pics as well. its in a test equipment hand held network tester its part of the power side of it its a 6vdc rail only thing on the chip is as follows (BPV 7CK EYL9) Its a 10 pin Plus bottom ground plane
    I am including a layout/pinout of the ic and what i had on the traces that go to the Reg as best as i can see and test pins 2 and 4 were shorted is what i found with the ic under thermo cam it was getting 300+ almost instant pulled off pcb and no more short now need ic chip to replace but cant find the part numbers i have tried turned up nothing thanks for any input or info

I did find this but not sure how reliable it is thanks
    TPS63002DRCR TPS63002DRCRG4 TPS63002DRCT TPS63002 BPV【IC REG BUCK BOOST SYNC 5V 10SON
    after checking the schematic for these it sure looks like it the only thing is there power rating for the ic is 5.5v and for a 1 0r 3 cell battery and i have a 4 cell battery 1,5 x4 =6vdc am i missing something?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by phantom1; 12-26-2022, 08:15 PM.

Re: Help Identifying an IC chip

Does the Vin connect directly to the + of the battery or is there a component in between. This is likely the correct part.

Comment

The TPS63002 you stated in your post is almost certainly the right IC: checking from Texas Instruments' datasheet for the chip @ https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...58e6a1d45f.pdf, it says that the maximum recommended voltage is 5.5V, but that the absolute maximum rating is 7V (see Section 4). It's probably a case of the device being built on absolute maximum ratings without much thought put in, i.e. "it's less than 7V so it must be okay"

Comment

thanks R_J and RegorForot for your help I have ordered the IC chip from mouser I do think as well this is the right IC and yes there is a protection diode before this IC so that makes sense there would be a voltage drop from the diode I just got in a hurry but after thinking about it and looking at the layout it made the light come on lol thanks for your quick response I will post back again once I get the part in and installed.

Comment

Working...
        X