Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS RT-AX88U router DEAD

Hi Can anyone help identify this component pls

The Asus RT-AX88U router is dead & fault finding brings it to a DC to DC convertor. 3.3v goes in, but nothing comes out. The IC is marked "3002 0ST1"

There is a 2nd working small IC marked "3001 0gt1" that converts 3.3v to 1.8v, both power separate CPu's on the board.

I have also searched for a schematic for it, to no avail.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-14-2022, 04:02 PM. Reason: RT-AX88U

Re: ASUS RT-AX88U router DEAD

Check the if the output is shorted to gnd via the caps too.

Comment

I have the same model router with exactly the same fault, please let me know if you manage to fix it or find any info on the dc-dc chip, coil or caps.
      It's a pain to work on, requiring lots of back heat to remove the SMD components, mine has about 92ohms to ground on the output of that circuit.
      Thanks
      Martin

Comment

Hello,

I'm trying to repair the same model but in my case it appears to be a different fault...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113203

Would someone with the same router be so kind as to help me identifying U613 ? I'd like to confirm whether U613 is the same as U614 on the PCB or not.

If I can resurrect that thing I'll definitely keep you posted.

Cheers,

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,
          On my board, U613 and U614 are both 0Q=13V
          Thanks,
          Martin
          Attached Files

Comment

It might not be the same case as yours , but still , it occurred many times with me lately . The adapters , although measuring the right voltages , depending on models , but it seems at load they were failing , in amperage of course . On trying another ones , routers would work smoothly .

Comment

Originally posted by waveslinger View Post
              Hi Michael,
              On my board, U613 and U614 are both 0Q=13V
              Thanks,
              Martin
              Thanks a lot Martin !

Comment

Hi I have one RT-AX88U Dead, but in my case is caps of L1126 area, after remove 5 caps and test with energy power, my router come back to life.

Someone can please tell me caps specs??
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi there to all,
                  In my case, a cap on the L1126 area was clearly cracked. Router was dead, apparently the power supply was shorted. I removed it and router came back to life. Unfortunately I don't have the specs but I'm planning to replace it with a 4.7uF 50V 1206 X7R. Since I could see many other caps in parallel and the router already works without it, I can only guess it's not that critical. I will post my results.

Comment

I also have a ax88u with no power. I'm getting 19v coming in but seems like the DC convertors are no being enable as I get no output. I am getting a half volts on the LEDs and 1V on U24. Any help please

Comment

Working...
                    X