Alternative of TOP244PN switcher IC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative of TOP244PN switcher IC?

I have an SMPS where the TOP244PN switching IC is used to power the standby section. I am not able to get this IC locally, is there any alternative in the TNY switcher series I can use in its place?

Also, can I use the TOP244YN package in place of this TOP244PN package? It seems in the PN package they have combined the X and L pins of the YN package and made single M line.
    Attached Files

Re: Alternative of TOP244PN switcher IC?

the last 2 letters meaning is the package they are made in. Digi-Key India has 6084 of TOP244PN in stock for you... so does AliExpress...
    I'd prefer the PN package over the YN. The YN seems to be more finicky than the PN package, due to the pins.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-31-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      the last 2 letters meaning is the package they are made in. Digi-Key India has 6084 of TOP244PN in stock for you... so does AliExpress...
      I'd prefer the PN package over the YN. The YN seems to be more finicky than the PN package, due to the pins.
      Actually, aliexpress is banned in India and Digikey, elemen14 kind of sourcing websites do not sell to retailers in India in few pieces 😥

Comment

Digi-Key is supposed to expand in your country. https://www.theweek.in/wire-updates/...ectronics.html

Comment

This is not unusual for companies to not want to sell to certain companies that are not even on any hit list that I know about

I really do not understand what the issue is but I know this for a fact that this is done

Certain companies do not sell to the United State of America as well
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

*I* wouldnt sell to the u.s.
            blame bush jnr.

he changed up all the import/export paperwork after 9-11 making shit cost atleast 4x to ship!
            before that i was ordering big boxes of stuff from ebay u.s. sellers to europe via USPS every week.
            after that - not a single item.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              *I* wouldnt sell to the u.s.
              blame bush jnr.

he changed up all the import/export paperwork after 9-11 making shit cost atleast 4x to ship!
              before that i was ordering big boxes of stuff from ebay u.s. sellers to europe via USPS every week.
              after that - not a single item.
              Interesting is still going on
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

yes,
                i was shipping 2ft x2ft x18" boxes for about $25 by usps surface-mail

suddenly they would only export by air - it jumped to nearly $100 and the weight limits dropped too

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                  This is not unusual for companies to not want to sell to certain companies that are not even on any hit list that I know about

I really do not understand what the issue is but I know this for a fact that this is done

Certain companies do not sell to the United State of America as well
                  PRC was doing illegal trade via aliexpress to India, so the indian govt caught that and shut their business India. Post that these guys have gone mad as they had to suffer losses. There are more plans to reduce even legal imports, more on the way in future, though companies cannot totally get away with china because of CHEAP labor. I think the states is also banning few apps originating from there right like tiktok, etc or not yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                    Digi-Key is supposed to expand in your country. https://www.theweek.in/wire-updates/...ectronics.html
                    Actually I had some spare TOP245YN. I was able to use the TOP245YN package successfully in the SMPS after going through the datasheet, basically, they just had undervoltage protection enabled for the standby supply section. I did the mods and integrated this package in the SMPS, and got the supply successfully working back ☺
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good work getting it going again one more item that did not end up in the landfill
                      However I would mount the TOP245YN off to the side and make it a little bit safer that just me
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-04-2023, 11:02 PM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                      X