Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 55PUS6754/12 Backlight settings override TMP19.6E LA

Hi,

I would like to reduce the backlights for this set. There is no direct settings like in Samsung or LG etc. Probably in Option Codes in SDM.
    If not available I would like to ask if anyone managed to alter the circuit to reduce slightly the LED current. Uses PF7904S U8601

Tks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alltvrepairs; 01-24-2023, 06:18 AM.

Re: Philips 55PUS6754/12 Backlight settings override TMP19.6E LA

No one here ever tried to reduce backlight in modern Philips sets?

Comment

here's tomtech doing a few, usually done with a resistor mod: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...r+modification

Comment

Originally posted by alltvrepairs View Post
        No one here ever tried to reduce backlight in modern Philips sets?
        These resistors are a current sensor, when one, two, ... are removed, the resistance in this circuit will increase, therefore, the current to the LEDs will decrease.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          here's tomtech doing a few, usually done with a resistor mod: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...r+modification
          Tks. Interesting guy for sure. Nice watching him removing Large screens bare handed without suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
            These resistors are a current sensor, when one, two, ... are removed, the resistance in this circuit will increase, therefore, the current to the LEDs will decrease.
            Tks, I was after those lines as well but preferred a confirmation first. Have tried with the 100R series resistor range 75R to120R made no difference. However I am sure removing a resistor from the voltage divider you marked should be a quicker option.
            Tks again!

Comment

I want to wake up this topic a bit.....
              I tried removing resistors from FET-s source, but current did not changed...
              tried also double the source resistance from Q8601....still the same current...go figure....
              I really need PF7904S datasheet...anyone have it??

Comment

Working...
              X