Jmb 32/68g-gb-1b-tcdu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jmb 32/68g-gb-1b-tcdu

A little help is needed just got this in,its a 32" lcd/dvd player with a Samsung panel and a T.MSD306-68A 12023 main board,i was told it would come on after a short time 10 mins to one hour,this is what its doing, when you plug it in you get red standby light and the screen shows a message " do not power off" "scan" and shows a count up from 1 to 100% with the red stby light still on.So far it has not powered on and has been plugged in over an hour, i am thinking main board possible Eprom fault? but you may have had this before and know the cause and hopefully the cure? so over to you and thanks in advance Flocko

Re: Jmb 32/68g-gb-1b-tcdu

Just found a possible replacement eprom at Ohm supplies have messaged Andy to see if it will work fingers crossed Flocko

Comment

Hi there,
      Have the same set with the same problem.
      I can certainly confirm that this is a EEPROM corruption problem,As a replacement from a non-dvd version works.(the dvd isn't working as the software for it is not installed in this other I.C.).
      Does anyone know where to download the latest firmware from?..Seems very elusive...
      thanks,
      Steve.

Comment

You can try SOURCE 3 6 9 0 and then turn on the DVD option... worked on a 24" Bush for which I got the non-DVD main board (but still had the connector.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i have had a message from Andy(Ohm supplies) about the replacement Eprom that he sells for the T.MSD306-68A 12023 for the Technika 40-270, but he has not tried fitting in the JMB 32"model so could not say if it would work or not,i have ordered one anyway and will give it a try.Steve is this the Eprom that you fitted?.I have not looked as yet but i think all these sets come from the same place Sky Media. co.uk and they have firmware downloads on there for a lot of models so look on there. please let me know what you find

Comment

just to update, fitted new eeprom that i got from Andy (Ohm supplies)and set would then come out of standby, but as was said by Steve the dvd would not work and did not show in menu,but i was lucky to find a replacement main board for the set on ebay and it is now working Flocko

Comment

I have a umc lcd with this same signal board would I be able to buy any one from ebay and just put a pre programed eeprom on it I can get the board for £12 and new eeprom for £15

Comment

The Main board must match. they are all type spec so all numbers need to match, and as far as I know there is still no eeprom for the dvd model, you would need to check that with Andy (Ohm supplies) I did get a trade note from him saying he is now doing Vestel main board repairs for most 17MBxx models not coming out of standby (flashing )I think he sees it as a crusade to keep all this shit out of landfill sites

Comment

Hi all, i know post is very old. How do get in touch with that Andy guy from Ohm supplies to order eeprom ? or possibly anyone knows a hax/bin file and part number so i can reprogram eeprom myself ?

Comment

Originally posted by mateuszdg View Post
                    Hi all, i know post is very old. How do get in touch with that Andy guy from Ohm supplies to order eeprom ? or possibly anyone knows a hax/bin file and part number so i can reprogram eeprom myself ?
                    If you have a damaged firmware, then you can read the data (dump) from this spi flash and put it here, and I will restore the firmware.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                      If you have a damaged firmware, then you can read the data (dump) from this spi flash and put it here, and I will restore the firmware.
                      Sound great. Yes I think I have. I will dump firmware in next couple of days and will post here. thx

Comment

I just checked my JMB TV and motherboard is 17MB65-1v1. Would firmware be based on U9 flash ? Will restore for my motherboard be still possible ?

Comment

You have a completely different board, it will not be much more difficult, what is the panel number and what is wrong with your TV, what is the problem? Maybe it's not the firmware.

Comment

Its a blinking STANDBY light. Once I try power on tv the red standby LED starts blinking. It's the JMB 40inch... sorry cannot remember model from top of my head. I have removed power board and found one cap that looks not right (bulged at top). I have ordered replacement and awaiting it delivery today or tomorrow.
                            Other than that read on forums that JMB models have same symptoms when EEPROM corrupted so decided to give it a go as well.

Comment

If one capacitor is swollen, then the rest should be checked for capacitance and esr. (it may not be swollen, but it has lost its characteristics.

Comment

Yes. Totally agree. I dont think i did see any abnormal values except this one.

Comment

Well, replace this capacitor and see if the problem is gone or remains, you still need the model (number) of the panel.

Comment

Yes so caps has been changed yesterday with same result. red LED keep blinking and nothing happen. Model of TV is JMB JT014000101B... any idea. Could it be EEPROM problem ?

Comment

[QUOTE=mateuszdg;1204463]Yes so caps has been changed yesterday with same result. red LED keep blinking and nothing happen. Model of TV is JMB JT014000101B... any idea. Could it be EEPROM problem ?[/QUOTE

check all voltages for any fluctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by mateuszdg View Post
                                        Yes so caps has been changed yesterday with same result. red LED keep blinking and nothing happen. Model of TV is JMB JT014000101B... any idea. Could it be EEPROM problem ?
                                        What mainboard number is used in this tv also what lcd screen is used in this tv (usually printed on white sticker on metal tv chassis)

Comment

Working...
                                        X