Company Locked Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Company Locked Laptops

I believe changing the windows hardware ID from the one linked to Autopilot will also solve your problem.

Comment

install linux or clean the bios or flash a bios from a clean machine.
      well, clean other than computrace and the other spyware that scum like lenovo put in them.
      i'v seen references in some bioses to "Bixby" what the fuck is samsung upto??

Comment

The windows hardware I'd cant be cleared by any bios flash, Autopilot is on Microsoft's end, same as any Microsoft product that verifys the key, but autopilot looks to a another server before Microsoft's and if a company has it listed it uses that config. The only way to have it stop looking at a company server is change the windows hardware I'd, which is what is used7 in Autopilot.

Comment

You have to change the windows hardware I'd period.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
            You have to change the windows hardware I'd period.
            or you can make a bootable USB stick with rufus 3.20, check "Disable data collection" and skip connecting to internet by clickíng "I don't have internet"
            Other thing it worked to some HP and Lenovo models was to put laptop in setup mode instead of user mode in security boot.
            Last edited by volinakis; 02-03-2023, 08:37 AM.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

None want a computer that can never connect to the internet, so what I said or make a bookend.

Comment

If you do what I said it's like a new computer, you can install any windows or whatever you want.

Comment

None want a computer that can never connect to the internet, so what I said or make a bookend.
                  lol, who said you can't connect to internet? If you skip data collection win install doesn't check if device is managed by an organisation so it allows to setup device without internet. Once setup is finished you can use device without problems connected to internet. Others install windows on ssd in another computer and put ssd to the managed device and can use it with no problems, it's another way to skip data collection of the managed device.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                    lol, who said you can't connect to internet? If you skip data collection win install doesn't check if device is managed by an organisation so it allows to setup device without internet. Once setup is finished you can use device without problems connected to internet. Others install windows on ssd in another computer and put ssd to the managed device and can use it with no problems, it's another way to skip data collection of the managed device.
                    You clearly have no clue what we are talking about here.

Comment

I personally would not even consider or even buying one of these computers because there is nothing you can do about because here is another case Microsoft has f***k you once again

But it not only them has done this it is the reseller who should know better than offer these computers for resale if they have not deactivated them from this type control
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-11-2023, 02:14 AM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply
                      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

same problem as used iphones that have been registered with a cloud password!

*but here you can probably edit the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          same problem as used iphones that have been registered with a cloud password!

*but here you can probably edit the bios.
                          Yea and you also need to know if that IME is not black listed either I have bought used phones before but I check several websites to make sure that it is not black listed unless you are just wanting a screen or case or face plate or something like that that does not matter weather or not is black listed just do not want anything that shows that it was stolen
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

a lot of blacklisted phones arent stolen,
                            they will blacklist them if you walk away from your contract or cancel early and refuse to pay a penalty.
                            it's happened to several friends.

you also get scumbags reporting their phone as lost just to get a fresh one from the insurance and then selling the original.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                              a lot of blacklisted phones arent stolen,
                              they will blacklist them if you walk away from your contract or cancel early and refuse to pay a penalty.
                              it's happened to several friends.

you also get scumbags reporting their phone as lost just to get a fresh one from the insurance and then selling the original.
                              The problem with this is most of the time the website does not explain what the issue is it just says stolen not full fill contract and something it does not give any information about why it is locked

I do not have issue with not full fill contract you are right that probably did not pay the penalty portion or tried to get another phone because it failed for some reason ( walking away from a contract early is another story because you do not know if it was only a few months that this person walked away from it and the cell phone provider then report it stolen that why I do not want something that is reported stolen )

I cloud issues are one that I stay way from because it is almost impossible to get the situation resolved by Apple because I had a tablet that my son had that he stopped using for a long while and I wanted to repurpose for battery testing with the SkyRc battery tester and Apple gave me hell to get it unlocked again it was a good thing that I remember the email that was used to set it up with and wait two weeks while they researched it and gave me the reset website link to unlock it
                              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-11-2023, 07:50 AM.
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

you can unlock i-shit if you have access to the itunes account.
                                problem is of course the person with that account is unknown after the fone has changed hands a couple of times.

Comment

You clearly have no clue what we are talking about here.
                                  you clearly have tunnel view , "You have to change the windows hardware I'd period." "do what i said", well, I didn't do what you said and I did it my way in tens of laptops and miracle! they are working without problems.
                                  Attached Files
                                  >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                    How do you override the data collection on widows 11 because there is no way that I have found that works consistently
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

fdisk is one way.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                                        How do you override the data collection on widows 11 because there is no way that I have found that works consistently
                                        same way, make a install usb stick with rufus 3.21 and check boxes as in picture
                                        Attached Files
                                        >>>>>

Comment

I think the above option just does what you can do yourself in Windows, i.e. set it to the lowest setting (that means data collection is still active)
                                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                                          X