X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VIZIO M70-C3 Power Supply?

Originally posted by CaptGB View Post
    tks for the help!!!

Have the exact same issues and voltages you were reporting. Did you ever come up with a fix? Thx

Comment

It’s the main board. Specifically the BGA Chips under the heat sink.

This is a known issue as mentioned with a lot of Vizio TVs.

Comment

Ok thanks for the response. I did try heating with a heat gun without taking off the heat sink but I may need to go at it again with taking heat sink off. Might get better results. Thanks again

Comment

I am having the same issue. PS_On has 5 volts and there is 34 V going to the LED board. But, TCon ON has 0 Volts and no power to the TCon board. I already replaced the main board and there was no change...exact same symptoms.

While there is power to the LED board, I cannot tell if the backlights are actually on or not. Is it possible a bad LED board will keep the main board from turning on the TCon? Or, is it possible the main board is sensing an error on the TCon board and is therefore not turning it on? Or, is it likely that I received a bad main board that happened to have the exact same issue as my original?

Comment

Where did you buy the main board from? Sounds like they sent you a defective one possibly

Comment

TVPartsToday.com. I will call tomorrow to ask for a replacement. Just thought it was strange that it has the exact same problem as before, and was wondering if it could be something else.

Comment

I may order a new TCon and LED board as well, since they're both relatively inexpensive.

Comment

So, I replaced the main board (again) and the TCon board. I finally got power to the RCon and the backlight turned on. But, now I just have a black screen with a series of vertical white stripes. What does that mean?

Comment

maybe try a firmware update, see if you can get everything paired up.

Comment

replace back original tcon and cross fingers with kisses to pope's photo...

Comment

Try re-seating all cables to the tcon and putting the old tcon back as Davi. P suggested

Comment

Working...
                        X