Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 17IPS71 and MP3394S Backlight Problem

Hi,

I having some trouble fixing a PSU fault on a TV. Basically the backlight would come on for 10 seconds or so and then shut off and I saw the voltage drop. On further inspection I found 2 burnt out led's on one of the 2 strips and replaced. The same fault still existed but I couldn't measure anything obviously wrong. Each string was roughly 35v and two in series was 70v tested fine with the LED tester. I went to replace the MP3394s but the board popped so I bought another board off Ebay as close as I could find. This time the tv powered up fine but still no backlight at all this time. I assumed it was a duff board. Then I looked at the specs of the MP3394s and read the max output is 55v?. I had a spare LED array kicking around that worked at around 30v so as a test plunked that on and reset the power and it came on and was stable. Following the tracks the LED driver outputs on both boards look like the are all in parallel, what am I missing here?

Re: Vestel 17IPS71 and MP3394S Backlight Problem

I guess you missed getting the correct model 17ips71 power board. Every board has a part number on it which should match yours. Every board has a different components on it for the amount of leds on the screen and the current they deliver. Get it wrong and no illumination.

Comment

can you post some pictures of the two boards.

Comment

heres someone fixing a vestel, see if it relates to your situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVPoOtPIl4A

Comment

Without any more information from you then none of us on this forum can help you. I suggest you add your make and model number of your TV and upload decent images of your boards. Once we have the suitable information then we should be able to help point you in the right direction to aide you in where your issue is with your TV.

Comment

Replace the led strips completely, try aliexpress pretty inexpensive

Comment

It is weird as the MP3394s has a protection for each LED line so in case of failure only the affected line should go off. The complete shut down happens for overheating as the power drain on the ic pass the 720w it is stated for. As earlier stated the 17ips71 in my tv as well been using led1 and led2 merged as the led3 and led4: to limit the power draining I removed the 0 ohm resistors used to bridge the lines so only 1 line is used for each set of leds and now the TV works stable. Obviously I can now see one led strip is not working on my digihome 50273as one area is slighter dimmer but being anyway a spare TV set it does just fine. Kindly Regards

Comment

Working...
              X