Msi Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard 2-3-4. ram slots dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard 2-3-4. ram slots dont work

hi everyone.i have Msi Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard and only 1. ram slot works.
    i d mosfet measures and look any short but not a problem.looked in slots with microscope and there is clean.cpu pins normal.do you have any idea?
    Attached Files

Re: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard 2-3-4. ram slots dont work

Lot of the cpu pins are bent, it can be seen even on the picture you attached. Displacements even of 1/5 mm are enough to get no contact. You need to align them to the grid in all axes using a tiny watch screwdricer and 10x magnifier glass, exchange the bent pins, or exchange the socket. This is a Lotes socket, unfortunately it is much less resistant to heat than Foxconn, so exchanging single pins can be very difficult without some melting of the socket materiał, so try to realign the pins first. Disassemble the cpu fixing element before doing this, to have better access and visibility from all angles / sides. View always from a flat angle.
    Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-28-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

thank you.i wll try it.

Comment

the pins look reasonable. Normally for i suggest you do this. If ram 1 works, ram 2 should works. Buy a bottle of electronic cleaner , spray into the ram slot . I think likely is oxidation or dirt issue.
        if it is circuit / signal issue hard for novice to do

Comment

Working...
        X