Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF solder an extra fan header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF solder an extra fan header?

So the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF has only one fan header on the whole motherboard, a 4 pin cpu. There is a second chassis fan header, but it is not installed, there are just 4 bare through holes and some silkscreen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CHA FAN.jpg Views:	178 Size:	495.3 KB ID:	2245116 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3265.JPG Views:	167 Size:	982.3 KB ID:	2245117

Other models like the tower version of this computer have the chassis fan header installed, so I was wondering if it was possible to solder in a new 4 pin header.

There is some surrounding circuitry, and I think it is identical to this schematic. The CPU fan header circuitry matches exactly except for one filter(?) cap, and the chassis circuitry even has the same component numbers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 5.42.21 PM.png
Views:	242
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	2245118

(the net REAR_FAN_PWM_2 leads to a SIO chip, so it *should* exist...)

IF I was able to solder a spare header and the surrounding resistors/caps/diode, would this fan header even work?

If anyone has any experience soldering to a motherboard, I'd love to hear your input!

PS. I know I can just plug extra fans into a hub or even the PSU, but thats not exciting enough for me
    Attached Files

Re: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF solder an extra fan header?

Shoot this is in the wrong forum. Is there a way to move it to motherboard/peripherals?

Comment

Re: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF solder an extra fan header?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2107499

pls read for me, its broken but cant see...

thx..

Comment

Greetings, I wanted to ask if its possible to have a diagram of this motherboard , and if its not possible , could u pls tell me the values of PC475 , it is a ceramic cap , which i dont know the value,
        thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
        X