Yea I know my job has taken over my intentions I will try today to do it
    LOL‼! I was just teasing you! lol

Comment

Re: A Cautionary Tale - Alli Express

Originally posted by EasyGoing1 View Post
      LOL‼! I was just teasing you! lol
      Here is where I posted the pictures of what was under the heat sinks

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=110192&page=2

And an update on the dispute with AliExpress and the BMS protection board issue not working correctly
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

I got a response from AliExpress about my dispute I am going to get a $60.00 refund from the $120.00 for these 4 Milwaukee 12 amp hour battery pack repair kit

Or I could have return all of the kits minus the battery for a full refund but that was not what I wanted I just wanted a refund on the BMS protection board because they did not work correctly

The battery enclosure and the other enclosure and the tabbing and hardware for the batteries is decent quality for the money that I paid for this is the reason I did not want a full refund

The tabbing and the hardware was the most important part of the repair kit that was need and the enclosures
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-18-2022, 07:38 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

just referring to your post in the other thread about the skyrc mc3000 battery pack as i dont want to spoil that thread since my reply has got nothing to do with the topic. just comments about aliexpress.
          Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
          AliExpress has gotten back with on my dispute about the BMS protection board issue and they do not give you enough picture space or information space to fully document the issue and what you have done and how you did what you did

So let see what happens next with AliExpress and this dispute if they refunded any money for these BMS protection boards that do not work correctly
          as long as u are able to prove what u are saying with evidence and pictures, they will give u your refund.

in my case, i once bought a solar charger power bank from aliexpress. it also claimed that it was waterproof. but on closer inspection, it appears the solar panel can be depressed to make a gap where water can enter inside the power bank.

then i accidentally left it near the window and it got some splashes of rain water on it, then after that it doesnt work anymore. no blue indicator lights when charging the power bank from usb and no green indicator lights when solar charging. totally dead power bank. i showed the pics of no green light when charging by the window in the sun and aliexpress granted me a full refund. their judgement verdict said something along the lines of non-working product claim successful.

so i guess, in sam's case, it appears that the chinese electronics flea market strikes again. the sellers have got no idea what they are selling or how to properly test their sheet before selling to prove its really working before delivering it to the customer and then, they end up with irate customers who didnt get what they ordered... or it doesnt really work properly like its supposed to. and in my case also, i ended up with a waterproof solar power bank that wasnt really waterproof...
          Attached Files

Comment

one thing i noticed about the milwalki rebuild kit, they seem adament that you connect the batteries to the board in a specific order or it wont work - maybe there is a reset for it if you get it wrong

Comment

I just wanted a refund on the BMS protection board because they did not work correctly
              And if they can be made to work correctly with little effort or cost, then you just got your order at a 50% discount ...

KAAAAAA - CHING!

Comment

Originally posted by EasyGoing1 View Post
                And if they can be made to work correctly with little effort or cost, then you just got your order at a 50% discount ...

KAAAAAA - CHING!

They sell just the BMS protection boards for $17.00 from the same seller so that is why they offer me the $60.00 refund

I just strip the BMS protection boards for the heat sinks and some other components from those boards so it is not a total loss
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

yet more flea market junk from aliexpress. i bought a usb micro sd card reader thumbdrive and it works like crap. speed is normal for the first few secs then it plummets to 2-3 mb/s with the software estimating it will now take nearly 4 hours to read a 32gb card and eventually after a few mins of reading, it becomes unreadable and windows disconnects the drive. in device manager, it says "windows stopped the device because it reported problems."

it has repeated this same crap over and over every time i tried. looks like some sort of an overheating problem with the chip. it works when cold but not when hot. i touched it but both the card and card reader hardly get warm tho. looks like more flea market junk strikes again.

luckily, it cost me only 80 US cents so maybe that is the problem. "the quality corresponds to the price" as one russian buyer on aliexpress said. to open a dispute or not to open over an 80 US cents item, that is the question...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am going to try something after I have the refund on my credit card statement and I will you guys know if it made any difference or not

But apparently they use this BMS protection board on the completed battery packs that they also sell on eBay and AliExpress and Banggood as well so I might doing something wrong but I do not want to spend $80.00 for crap Chinese made batteries and a BMS protection board that is if-e to find out what is going on to why I can not get them to work

I saw a couple of YouTube video about these battery packs and how and what type of batteries are used

Supposedly they use the low end LG or Samsung batteries that are are only 15 amp capable not the 25 to 40 amp capable batteries that should be used
                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-21-2022, 12:12 PM.
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Well I saw the refund on my credit card billing statement so now I can play around with the charging level of the battery pack cells and see what is the turn on value and see if this is what it takes or are these BMS boards are defective and nothing would work to turn it on

Because I started with a voltage around 3.4 volts per battery cell bank which is a enough voltage for the Milwaukee charging BMS protection board to be activated and turn on

Which for the nock off brand of BMS protection board this does not work to turn them on at the output
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-22-2022, 04:27 AM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

can you take a couple of pcb pics good enough to read part numbers on the chips?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          can you take a couple of pcb pics good enough to read part numbers on the chips?
                          If I have time tomorrow before I have to take a nap so I can work with out feeling real tired at work
                          Because I work nights
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                            yet more flea market junk from aliexpress. i bought a usb micro sd card reader thumbdrive and it works like crap. speed is normal for the first few secs then it plummets to 2-3 mb/s with the software estimating it will now take nearly 4 hours to read a 32gb card and eventually after a few mins of reading, it becomes unreadable and windows disconnects the drive. in device manager, it says "windows stopped the device because it reported problems."
                            Back in 2013, I bought a 2TB flash drive from China for $20 ... I basically knew it wasn't going to work, but it had some reviews so I figured it was worth a shot... at that time, 128 gig flash drives were selling for $125 ... so clearly it was too good to be true.

Windows saw it as a 2TB drive and even formatted it but that's as far as it got ... when I tried to write data to it, the speed would just slow ... slower ... slower ... until the time to complete was in the hundreds of hours and increasing ... disappointing but still a worthy shot.

I still have the drive too... it has a neat little round sticker on it that says 2TB lol

Comment

I can bet you that they are probably rejected drive and they want to make some money off of them so they just do not throw them away
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Has anyone ever gotten anything that actually *works* from aliexpress? They have a mainboard for a HP 27EB/ES monitor that I need....of course they don't take paypal....and I'm not real keen on giving any financial information to some chinese flea market.....
                                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                Team : 49813
                                Join in!!
                                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                  Has anyone ever gotten anything that actually *works* from aliexpress? They have a mainboard for a HP 27EB/ES monitor that I need....of course they don't take paypal....and I'm not real keen on giving any financial information to some chinese flea market.....
                                  They do take PayPal do not use the app it does not give you this option
                                  Google search for something on AliExpress and go to payment options then you should see PayPal as an option

I sent you a PM message

Yes I have bought working devices and gotten some that did not work correctly and got a refund from them as well so it is hit and miss with AliExpress

One note AliExpress is aware of this issue but for what ever reason they have not fixed the AliExpress application to take PayPal as payment
                                  Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-09-2022, 10:49 PM.
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

They do take PayPal do not use the app it does not give you this option
                                    Google search for something on AliExpress and go to payment options then you should see PayPal as an option
                                    One note not all seller accept PayPal as payment but a lot of them do but you have to have an account for AliExpress to see weather or not they take PayPal as an option I do use the AliExpress app to do my searching for an item but when I going to buy an item then I search there website but I personally do not like website for searching for something to me it is not user friendly as the app is one other note if you open a dispute do not use the app it has a lot of issues with posting a response yes for the most part the app is useless except for searching for something one more thing the website does a better job of showing you where your package is but it also is not a very user friendly either

I have in the past messages the seller to find out if they take PayPal as payment sometimes they do and send you a link to it
                                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-09-2022, 11:10 PM.
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                      I wrote up this brief review of a very nice piece of hardware that I got from Ali (the additional pieces I got from Amazon). It is a fanless, very small (fits in one hand), very powerful computer that I added 32 gigs of RAM to and a 1TB SSD drive total cost delivered for the whole setup was less than $300.

It has FOUR - 2.5 Gigabit NICs built onto the motherboard which is a nice bonus. It hs HDMI and Display Port as well as a spot for a Wifi card and six USB ports.

I have VMWare ESXi running as the main OS and I have three virtual machines running, one of them is now my only firewall between my home network and the Internet running OPNSense. And I must say I'm VERY impressed with how this machine performs. I put a 140mm whisper-quiet fan on top of it and it never gets above 40C (it gets too hot to touch without the fan on it because the entire case is the heat sink) ... impressive hardware for the price.

But I paid for it with PayPal too ... not that matters, I've never really had many issues with ordering from AliExpress before except this one (the reason I created this thread) but technically this one was my fault.

Mike

Comment

I find Aliexpress stuff is fine if you don't buy the absolute bottom price or stores below 90% or from the ma and pa shop selling pantyhose. I think those vendors walk across the street to get the electronic components from another shop.
                                        My buddy recently bought a laptop CPU and laptop battery pack, TV LED backlights with no problems.

Interestingly, Alibaba is for high volume sales and many companies get ripped off (good read). I was surprised to read 100 Alibaba employees were in on the scamming, they gave stores fake "gold suppliers" certificates. This bypassed the usual store verification measures.
                                        "We get at least one call or email pretty much every week from someone scammed in buying product from China, but these scams always go into overdrive starting in September, and this year has been by far the most ever. This is no surprise as every sort of scam, China or otherwise, always increases as Christmas draws near and they go into hyperdrive when the world economy is hurting, as it is now."

Comment

yes, but in the west if you do a big financial fraud you get promoted or enter politics/banking
                                          in china they just shoot you in the head
                                          (and in Iran they hang you from a crane )

Comment

Working...
                                          X