A Cautionary Tale - Alli Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Cautionary Tale - Alli Express

I was arguing about it the other night- the benefits to using a china social credit system.
    How your score is affected being a fraudster. It seems your score only suffers if you go against the government. Which, like all governments, is corrupt- so you can buy the "look the other way" as long as you play along.
    Scamming Western companies is fine perfectly acceptable, for the glory of the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      yes, but in the west if you do a big financial fraud you get promoted or enter politics/banking
      in china they just shoot you in the head
      (and in Iran they hang you from a crane )
      I think if the Chinese succeed in ripping off America, they get a bonus ... if they steel from each other, they get shot. I do know that heroin dealers automatically get the death penalty out there ...

Originally posted by redwire View Post
      I find Aliexpress stuff is fine if you don't buy the absolute bottom price or stores below 90% or from the ma and pa shop selling pantyhose.
      I'll keep that in mind the next time I need hosery... lol

This is no surprise as every sort of scam, China or otherwise, always increases as Christmas draws near and they go into hyperdrive when the world economy is hurting, as it is now."
      Yeah but they have to keep their thieving to some kind of minimum or else they would simply lose too much business from us in general. But it's a risk as it is, though AliExpress has been at least somewhat consistent in their positive customer service to the US.

Mike

Comment

Did you know, Aliexpress has reviews for buyers. If you are a crappy buyer and always squawking for no shows or returns etc., you get a low star count. There are Store comments as well.

I know this because it showed up once as I was entering a review. "View Your Feedback" button appeared (or something like that) and clicked on it to see I have a score (out of 5 stars) and a bunch of reviews from Stores!
        One asshat listed my full name in his review so I assume it's also a way to post your ID. Always give anonymous feedback/reviews.

That button is gone now, I can't find it but surely Stores can access it on the website.
        I'll bet once you are on the blacklist, you get garbage product shipped to you or no shows maybe, I don't know.

Comment

One thing I have noticed on AliExpress is that the low score or negative response are not showing up or are removed or no response is shown so you can not know exactly just how a seller is treating there customers I only buy things that I can not find on eBay

This is also the reason I make sure that I use PayPal credit for payment on AliExpress website

One other thing that is happening is AliExpress website and application are having different issues with payment from PayPal credit I do not know if this intentional or not I have made them aware of these issues
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-23-2022, 07:11 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Did you know, Aliexpress has reviews for buyers. If you are a crappy buyer and always squawking for no shows or returns etc., you get a low star count. There are Store comments as well.

I know this because it showed up once as I was entering a review. "View Your Feedback" button appeared (or something like that) and clicked on it to see I have a score (out of 5 stars) and a bunch of reviews from Stores!
            One asshat listed my full name in his review so I assume it's also a way to post your ID. Always give anonymous feedback/reviews.

That button is gone now, I can't find it but surely Stores can access it on the website.
            I'll bet once you are on the blacklist, you get garbage product shipped to you or no shows maybe, I don't know.

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

I did try to post a review of the item I bought the other week, but every time I try to post it, it says that the website is busy, try again in 10 minutes. Which is total BS of course ... how much server power does it take to post a couple of lines of text?

Comment

Working...
            X