Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Veriton N2510G

Hello everybody,
    For who is reading this, i am Stefan, electrical engineer, from Bucharest.
    My problem is that i have an mini desktop Veriton N2510G with BGA cpu pentium.
    On this days i want to reuse the sistem for an home server for me. I have noticed that
    It has a problem, not boot without monitor, vga or hdmi. I have read
    That is a problem on bios, on the manufacture site say it is, Acer. So i have proceed to update the bios. Great mistake. I have done this alot of times, now it work not. No boot no nothing.The bios chip is 25q64 8Mb, so i need a dump for it. The bios file har 5Mb or so and i think
    that is no use to flash bios with file, the file night be just a part of bios, the rest is
    firmware.
    I have noticed that the N2510G is in two flavors, celeron and pentium. Mine is pentium.
    May be this was a mistake in my proceedure, the manufacture page is about celeron typo.
    So, if somebody has a dump for it, can make me happy!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Alexa2005; 11-05-2022, 12:37 AM.

Re: Acer Veriton N2510G

Nothing yet?
    The board is: DB.VMC11.001
    Last edited by Alexa2005; 01-26-2023, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexa2005 View Post
      Nothing yet?
      The board is: DB.VMC11.001
      It is very important when you ask for help fixing bios: post the original corrupted bios file here.
      So buy a programmer and read your bios chip to get its contents.
      Attach the model, serial... or anything that helps us to download the correct bios file for your device from ACER, stop just typing a few lines of request and then sit back and wait.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Okay, my mist. Attached is the bad bios dumped from flash and the file witch is the bios update. I cant tell where AFUDOS write the data but now the machine is death.
        Simptoms: bootloop, no video, but is beeping without ram module in soket1. Soket 2 seems to be ignored.
        Machine is Acer veriton N2510g_w (VN2510G_W)
        On support page the machine is celeron one but mine is pentium. No found untill now support for pentium variant. The CPU is BGA.
        This is the page: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?s...ggest=n2510g;0
        Attached Files

Comment

L.E. I found the pentium product page only for Baltic countries https://www.acer.com/ee-en/support?f...EQ.002;VN2510G
          i add the bios file for it, may be is different from celeron type.
          Attached Files

Comment

After a wile i found something very weird. The bios chip is marker 1.8 volt, board has 1.8 volt but the cip itself is 3.3 volt. Has anybody see this before. Bad marked bios chip?
            I wait now for an chip for 1.8V because the board cannot read in other way the data.

Comment

So i have try to combine the dump with the file from acer site. No luck untill now.
              I wonder there is anybody having this machine in this forum?
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-11-2023, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X